View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Plan Consultant (Relationship Manager)
Security Administrators, Inc
in Remote / Binghamton NY / AL / AZ / CT / FL / IA / IL / IN / MA / MN / NC / NJ / OH / PA / TX
As a Plan Consultant, you will be client-facing with an assigned book of business. You will serve as the primary point of contact for clients and other qualified plan representatives, such as financial
advisors or agents. You will be responsible for the collection of all information, delivery of all reports, and client consultations on plan requirements and goals.
The level of the position will be determined by relevant skills, experience
SAI supports remote work for NY, PA, NJ, CT, MA, AL, FL, TX, OH, MN, IN, GA, IL, IA, AZ and NC. This position cannot be performed in the City of New York. If you are interested in this position, but don’t
live near Binghamton, NY, this may be an opportunity for you!
Reliable internet service is required for remote work.
Description of Duties & Responsibilities of a Plan
- Collect yearly census and asset information from clients for their qualified plans, in addition to consulting on any goals the client might have for their plan each year.
- Liaison with analyst team to acquire all
needed information and data to timely and accurately prepare yearly valuation and testing reports.
- Explain the results of yearly reporting and testing to clients, as well as consulting on possible plan changes needed to meeting shifting client
goals and strategies.
- Serve as the liaison between the client and/or participants and the distributions team to timely and accurately process all forms of plan distributions, including loans, RMDs, in-service distributions, and termination
- Deliver and ensure proper client signatures on yearly required government filings, including the Form 5500.
- Work directly with large plan external auditors, as well as assisting the client and analyst team on any required DOL
or IRS audits of a plan in their book of business.
- Monitor all required client and government deadlines, as well as assisting analysts with team on managing caseload, timing and priority of worktray tasks.
- Occasionally meet with clients, in
person and over the phone or web meeting, when required, to provide consultative services for their plan.
- Occasionally act as liaison between clients and the accounting team to prompt overdue clients to settle their accounts.
- Liaison with
investment providers and recordkeepers to ensure administration of plan is in keeping with plan provisions and requirements.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned by management.
Required Skills & Experience of a Plan Consultant:
- 3-7 related years of experience required.
- Knowledge of pension software or PensionPro
- Up to 10% travel for client consultations, conferences, and company meetings required.
- QKA (ASPPA) credentials required.
- QKC (ASPPA) credentials
- Strong analytic and decision making skills.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to think
analytically and critically.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and organize a heavy workload.
- Ability to adapt to change and work under
- Ability to learn quickly and take on increasing responsibility.
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or Accounting or related field of study
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Security Mutual is an Equal Opportunity
This position can or will be performed in the State of New York, not including the City of New York.
Federal & State Labor Law Posters: https://www.jjkeller.com/learn/SHRMPDF
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)