“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Institutional Relationship Manager - Retirement Services
Hancock Whitney Bank
in New Orleans LA / Hybrid
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
The Retirement Plan Services Relationship Manager is responsible for all aspects of relationship management, account administration and business development activities required to retain and grow their
assigned book of retirement plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages existing relationships and develops new business for Retirement Plans Services in compliance with bank policies, account documents, ERISA
and other laws and regulations.
- Analyzes, studies, and gains full understanding of governing documents. Manages plans in accordance with the terms of the governing documents and in a manner consistent with the needs of plan sponsors and
- Provide plan consultation and design recommendations to clients to support their objectives.
- Conducts plan reviews, investment reviews, participant education and enrollment meetings in conjunction with team members as needed
to support book of retirement plans.
- Achieves sales goals set by management.
- Represents bank on boards or committees related to businesses or institutions for which the trust department provides a service. May represents the company in
business activities and serves as a contact for clients, attorneys, CPAs and beneficiaries relating to assigned accounts.
- Reviews plan documents to assure that the bank is comfortable with all terms and conditions. May require the hiring of
trustee counsel to represent the bank in the negotiation of terms of the documents.
- Coordinates management of plans with investment officers, trust tax officers, trust real estate officers, Trust Operations, and others as required.
current with all developments, applicable laws and regulations within individual field.
- Contacts or corresponds with attorneys, CPAs, TPAs, Recordkeepers, and other parties who have an interest in any aspect of assigned plans.
problems brought by plan sponsors, participants, and others related to the plans.
- Proactively analyzes existing relationships and networks with local professionals and centers of influence for new business opportunities.
- Incumbent is
required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Establishes a calling program for clients, prospects and centers of influence that
will facilitate new business development from existing clients and new prospects, and documents all on sales/relationship management reporting tools.
- May attend professional conferences or trade shows held by the client/prospect base in order to
promote the company brand and expertise.
- In consultation with more senior team members, may produce proposals for new business pricing or terms in conjunction with LOB Manager
carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws; Provides guidance and oversight to and is responsible for the coordination and evaluation of the assigned team. Responsibilities may
include interviewing, hiring and training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; performance management; associate compensation; approving expense reports; addressing concerns and resolving problems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION,
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in business or related field.
- 2 years of experience in banking or financial services required.
- An equivalent combination of education
and experience may be considered.
- Strong working knowledge of ERISA rules/regulations as it pertains to defined contribution plans.
- Working knowledge of/ability to interpret compliance testing, plan documents, plan design, recordkeeping
systems, investments and general retirement plan fiduciary requirements.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions: travel from 15% - 50% of
time, depending upon location.
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate related equipment to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the
essential job functions.
- Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the
department/division an “undue hardship” then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)