“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Pension Consultant
National Benefit Services, A "Remote First" Company
in Remote / Sandy UT
Full-time, fully remote position in retirement benefits administration, regularly working 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday with 40 + hour work week. Wonderful working environment with opportunity for growth. This
position is full-time, salaried, and exempt.
- Handle DC plan administration and compliance issues; plan types include Money-Purchase, 401(k), 401(k) Safe Harbor, 403(b), Profit Sharing: Salary
Pro-Rata, Integration, Age-Weighted and New Comparability.
- Service and develop retirement service relationships for assigned clients.
- Perform annual compliance testing which entails gathering client data and calculating
contributions in a timely manner.
- Analyze plan assets and prepare trust accounting for pooled investments.
- Read, analyze and apply plan provisions in accordance with the client’s plan & trust
- Calculate benefit and accounts balances for vested terminations, plan loans, hardship withdrawals, retirement and death benefits.
- Determine participant eligibility for purposes of vesting and allocation of
contributions and forfeitures.
- Perform all required functions to facilitate a plan conversion for both a traditional plan as well as a daily accounting plan.
- Prepare IRS Form 5500 and related schedules.
- Prepare of
IRS Form 5310 and related schedules.
- Perform internal review for any type of distribution calculation, report valuation or any other work which requires a peer review.
- Recognize compliance issues; research and apply solutions
for compliance issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of retirement service industry trends, including an awareness of current recordkeeping software and legal updates. Professional and Leadership Qualities
- Effective leadership
skills in motivating and coordinating efforts of others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, organized and accurate.
- Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent required. 1 year retirement plan administration experience is required.
- Industry Certification Required: Must have ASPPA’s Qualified 401(k) Administrator
(QKA) and begin the process of obtaining QPA designation. Bonus paid of $500 after completion of exams. Trinity is committed to pay for all cost associated with the examination process, which includes all study materials and exam registration
- This position requires the employee to be seated the majority of the work time.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work for
the designated position. The statements are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment, do not eliminate your “at-will” status in
anyway, and are subject to change at the discretion of National Benefit Services, LLC.
Regular Business hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Salaried employees are expected to be available during regular business hours.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)