“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Membership Director: Independent Contractor
Retirement Industry Trust Association (RITA)
in Remote / Sarasota FL
I. Job Summary (Essential Functions)
- Develop and implement programs, projects and activities designed to increase and retain membership in RITA. Deliver results according to budgeted projections. Represent RITA in its relationships with
numerous external constituencies.
- Maintains official RITA membership list.
- Attends RITA Board meetings and conferences as needed.
- Must have 2 years financial services experience.
II. Reports to the RITA Executive
- Provides weekly reports to the Executive Director of all new prospects and pipeline progress of new members.
III. Job Tasks (Additional Responsibilities)
- Maintains RITA’s data base (membership register) of
- Develops and ensures that established procedures for processing prospective members’ applications are consistently followed.
- Plans and implements strategies to meet RITA’s membership
- Processes all requests for terminations of membership with exit letter.
- Assists prospective members in fulfilling application requirements.
- Conducts orientation program for new members.
- Promotes RITA’s
activities using table tents, newsletters, direct mail flyers and other means.
- Holds prospective member functions during conferences.
- Calls and requests active members to make personal referrals and to assist with recruitment
- Processes member resignations; develops reports and undertakes special projects as applicable if membership retention problems arise.
- Determines markets to be canvassed for qualified firms and completes and maintains perpetual
member invitee roster.
- Assesses the need for and makes recommendations regarding membership classifications to help ensure that the needs of ever-changing markets are met.
- Personally meets each RITA member and instills confidence that
members’ needs are being addressed.
- Serves on applicable RITA committees to assure members’ interests are consistently addressed.
- Follows-up on telemarketing efforts, member referrals, leads from staff, board members, newspaper
articles, lists, publications, etc.
- Organizes production of membership kits for sales calls, “blitzes” and direct mail activities.
- Researches the need for on-going sales promotions regarding demographics, market segmentation
- Provides sales and other applicable training for staff members.
- Tracks the success and overall performance of all membership activities.
- Develops data bases and researches purchases of data bases.
- Maintains a file
of RITA membership history information.
- Coordinates all membership brochures.
- Attends management and staff meetings.
- Effectively responds to member comments in accordance with Best Practices, policies and rules; uses ideas, feedback
and suggestions to continuously improve the services provided to members.
- Develops and adheres to a departmental budget; after approval, monitors and takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that budget goals are attained.
and develops “on boarding” programs for new members.
- Reports approved new members to the Treasurer to initiate proper administration of their memberships; ensures that applications are completely and properly filled out, that initiation
fees are collected and that new members understand the privileges and costs of becoming a member.
- Collects annual assets totals from all members as appropriate and updates database for assessments and public relations purposes.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your résumé to Mary Mohr at email@example.com.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)