“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Implementation Specialist
The Retirement Implementation Specialist is responsible for leading the onboarding process for new Alerus retirement plan clients, including startup plans, transfer plans and internal conversions. Managing all
elements of the onboarding process by leading internal departments and external parties through an established implementation timeline.
Job Function 1: Coordination of New
Client Onboarding - 40%
- As the primary point of contact, partner with Alerus sales consultant to coordinate the new business implementation process.
- Schedule and facilitate implementation calls with client, advisor, TPA, prior
vendor(s) and Alerus team members to define the implementation timeline including a blackout period, key milestones, and plan effective date.
- Determine unique features, service definitions, and scope of service offerings agreed upon during the
sales process and participate in presentations on key accounts when required.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to find solutions for complex requests while maintaining consistency with established service offerings.
- Request, collect, and
review new plan documentation and agreements for all Alerus Retirement Plan segments including Direct, Advisor and TPA business.
- Confirm investment menu with client, advisor, and fund wholesaler and review the fund selection to ensure availability,
establishment of account, and trading information.
- Resolve residual issues to ensure funds, share classes, trading activity and account setup is correct.
- Provide clear communication regarding the roles of each individual involved in the
- Properly document key discussions and decisions related to plan setup and onboarding.
Job Function 2: Execution of New Client Onboarding - 40%
- Coordinate, schedule and
facilitate meetings with internal and external parties throughout implementation process including but not limited to document design, payroll and website training, data and asset transition, etc.
- Provide updates to internal tracking tools.
Communicate with internal and external parties to proactively identify and manage implementation expectations, needs, and concerns. Follow up promptly on potential timeline slippage.
- Manage and coordinate preparation and delivery of education
materials, participant mailings, required notices and enrollment meeting dates with external and internal parties.
- Discuss and finalize the collection process for internal and external fees with advisor/client.
- Review all internal systems
for accuracy and timely completion.
- Understand breadth of product offering and features of each. Discuss options with appropriate parties as opportunities arise.
- Calculate, document, and updated expected ongoing revenue.
transition calls with internal and external parties to on-going service team.
Job Function 3: Implementation Process Improvement & Training - 20%
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of how the
recordkeeping, trust systems and sponsor & participant websites operate and report information. Maintain current knowledge about system enhancements.
- Deliver training and support to Alerus staff including sales, relationship management,
compliance, operations, and administration.
- Update materials, procedures, instructions etc. Distribute to staff as required.
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals.
work objectives and priorities to perform work in a cost-effective manner.
- Proactively recommend changes in procedures, forms, and checklists to reduce account errors, increase productivity, or improve the client
- Associate’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of
experience in defined contribution industry, preferably in recordkeeping or administration, required.
- Previous experience with new client onboarding and/or project management preferred.
- Previous experience supporting advisors, brokers, and
third-party vendors preferred.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Demonstrated written/oral
communication, presentation, and organization skills.
- Exhibited commitment to delivering a high-level of client service.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Available to
cover peak workloads.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Established interpersonal skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, discretion, etc.
- Exhibits an analytical
approach to solving complex challenges while keeping both the client and the company’s needs in problem-solving.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, seeks creative solutions, and actively engages in all work
- Disciplined, strong attention to detail, and well organized.
- Considerate, approachable and professional when collaborating with internal and external parties.
- Proactive in anticipating customer needs and adaptable
to unforeseen changes typical of a fast-paced environment.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms
and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)