“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Attorney, ERISA
Senior Attorney – Asset Management/Investment Product Development
Location: Candidates seeking a remote position are welcome and encouraged to apply.
What You’ll Do
As part of the Legal and Compliance team, you’ll play a key role in the continued success of The Standard’s Asset Management Business Unit, whose products include employer-sponsored retirement plans, stable asset
investments and individual annuities. You’ll utilize your strong collaboration skills and industry expertise to offer advice and counsel to key stakeholders, provide legally compliant products for our clients, and help achieve the Company’s
- Act as a strategic business partner to a diverse set of stakeholders, including Management, Sales/Marketing, Operations, Actuarial and Client Services to ensure compliant plan designs
- Maintain a thorough understanding of potential legislation and regulatory developments, and communicate updates to stakeholders.
- Effectively gather diverse sets of requirements from various stakeholders to
synthesize and communicate information that supports informed decision-making.
- Produce quality, defensible contractual language that accurately reflects stakeholder’s intent.
- Act as a trusted partner by effectively formulating
potential risks and outcomes, demonstrating holistic understanding of business goals and risks
- Efficiently formulate accurate, comprehensive advice easily understandable and digestible by lay people.
demonstrate an understanding of, and motivation to, achieve business goals in a legally defensible manner.
The Skills and Background You’ll Need
- Education: Doctor of Jurisprudence and admitted to practice in state bar of
residence or another relevant jurisdiction.
- Minimum of six years of experience in relevant areas of the law, or the equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Strong understanding of ERISA, tax, insurance and securities laws that
govern investment products for the retirement plan market.
- Experience in product development, including group annuity/insurance products, including design, drafting, filing and product implementation.
- Demonstrated history of
working closely with internal business partners as a strategic partner to identify and prioritize business needs and assess and communicate risk.
- Strong communications skills, including ability to produce clear, concise, complete and persuasive
work product, and active listening and persuasive advising.
- Ability to develop and to deliver successful presentations to internal audiences.
- Ability to work well with team members in a highly supportive and collaborative
What You'll Get from Us
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- An engaging and inclusive work environment
- A performance driven culture with respect for people
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)