View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Strategic Account Manager
Why work at Definiti? If you consider yourself a problem solver and appreciate working autonomously, a career at Definiti may be perfect for you. You’ll be able to directly contribute to the security and success of meaningful retirements for
thousands while helping build a growing company. Most positions are fully remote, which provides work-life balance while working with, and for, your colleagues and clients. Definiti not only invests in the tools and retirement service technology to help
you be successful in your role, but also supports your professional growth with training and certifications.
Definiti is a national retirement services company that helps clients manage and administer their retirement plans. We help clients
define what's possible and what’s next for their retirement plans.
Purpose of Position
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) collaborates with members of the Definiti Distinguished
Partners (DDP) program. The purpose is to cultivate and develop key relationships through world class service and strategic consultation. Responsibilities include regular communication and proactive delivery of key information, providing partners with
insight, resources, and tools to manage their retirement business effectively while also affording the opportunity to enjoy the ease of business when working with Definiti. Collaboration with Definiti centers of excellence to provide agile solutions will
produce a positive impact on organizational revenue goals. The SAM is a member of the Distribution and Marketing organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with DDP
advisors and clients through strategic analyses and delivery of consultative solutions that influence growth with Definiti’s most important partners.
- Craft and deliver proactive communications to update DDP advisors on new products and
services, positioning the benefits for their clients.
- Promote organic growth by recommending valuable solutions such as plan design alternatives, payroll integration solutions, 3(16) fiduciary services and practice management tools which will
positively impact advisor and Definiti revenue.
- Host periodic calls with the sales team to review DDP relationships and schedule meetings with Emerging DDPs to promote sales that provide for program qualification.
- Serve as an advocate
for DDPs by navigating the Definiti centers of excellence to ensure expeditious solutions.
- Build extensive knowledge of Definiti capabilities, tools, and marketing collateral to be a consultative resource who provide solutions to the
- Ability to work independently as required, but also work within and contribute to maintaining a highly cohesive team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build rapport with others remotely while working productively with limited in-person interaction.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to produce
high quality work within tight time constraints.
- Superior time management skills and CSAM (Customer Service Account Management) experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including group presentation
- Ability to make sound business judgments while effectively balancing client needs and organizational considerations.
- Demonstrate sound judgment when making decisions and operate with discretion and
- Ability to assess issues as they arise, maintain composure under pressure, and develop thoughtful and appropriate responses.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in financial services industry with proven success and direct experience in the advisor-sold retirement
- CRM experience required (HubSpot a plus).
- Proficient MS skills to include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; ability to navigate web based programs.
- Retirement-specific credentials preferred (QKA
- Understanding of investments utilized in retirement programs.
Remote Working Requirements
As a remote-first company, we have compiled expectations for a successful remote work
- Ability to build rapport with others remotely while working productively with limited in-person interaction
- Designate a quiet, and well-lit space with a fast internet connection for your workspace, free of as many
distractions as possible
- Be online and available during designated business hours in local time zone
- Accustomed to using Microsoft Teams or virtual-meeting applications to work with colleagues regularly on video and use the chat
feature for quick communications
- Accustomed to file-storage and file-sharing tools such as Microsoft SharePoint and Citrix ShareFile
Definiti has a dynamic, growth-focused culture, and we are committed to
offering attractive employee-centric benefits, including:
- A virtual-first work philosophy
- 401(k) with up to 4% match
- Generous paid time off starting with four weeks, in addition to 9 paid holidays and 2 paid floating
- A variety of medical, dental and vision plan options including Definiti subsidized premiums
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability insurance
- Bonus plan eligibility
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)