View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Director, Compliance - Retirement Plans
This position is remote and does not require regular in-office presence.
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by
reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health, and financial security. When lives are
fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
This position assumes primary responsibility for assuring compliance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulations. This position leads Compliance participation on company strategic product and project teams
and leverages external relationships to influence the external environment. This position will evaluate business risk in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives.
What you do
- Lead a team of retirement administration
professionals motivating them to provide excellent customer service
- Manage productivity and required deadlines of non-discrimination testing and IRS Form 5500’s
- Coach and mentor staff providing oversight of their work
and implement process improvements efforts and work to find efficiencies
- Research and respond to escalated plan items
- Consult with clients on various issues
- Monitor the external markets to ensure competitiveness. Responsible for the
direction and implementation of all functions relating to compliance with state laws, rules, and regulations.
- Responsible for the ongoing monitoring, evaluation, and communication regarding changes to the legal or regulatory
- Participates in the development of corporate compliance policy and procedures.
- Conducts compliance presentations and training.
- Responsible for oversight of the Ameritas' privacy programs, including the development and
oversight of annual privacy training.
- Secure approvals of policies and products, following up with regulators and business associates on regulatory comments, changes, and business impacts.
- Build and cultivate internal and external
relationships to promote and grow the business.
- Direct and influence associate and business resources to achieve business results.
- Oversight and accountability of business plans while focusing on results and
- Responsible for development of controls to mitigate risk and for managing business continuation planning.
What you bring
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
years Related Experience in the retirement plan industry required
- Industry credentials strongly preferred (QKA, APR, APA, ERPA)
- Solid knowledge of ERISA, IRS & DOL regulations
- Knowledge of FTW and/or Relius compliance
What we offer:
- Our company motto is “Fulfilling Life” and we take that job seriously, with a heavy commitment to volunteering and community support, employee well-being, and providing
quality products and services that help our customers create a brighter future.
- Being a mutual-based organization, the return on our investment goes back into the company, to benefit our members/customers.
- We’re committed to
professional development, opportunity, inclusion and diversity. Team building and collaboration are also priorities.
- A total rewards package with all the comprehensive health and welfare benefits you’d expect, including competitive pay and
incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and time off to care for yourself and others.
- Additional popular benefits, including tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment, an incentivized well-being program, adoption assistance, paid time
off for volunteering, training, and career development opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ameritas has a reputation as a company that cares, and because everyone should feel safe bringing their authentic, whole
self to work, we’re committed to an inclusive culture and diverse workplace, enriched by our individual differences. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that hires based on qualifications, positive attitude and exemplary work
ethic, regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Salary range $116,812 to
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)