View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Southern California Edison
in Rosemead CA
JOIN THE CLEAN ENERGY REVOLUTION!
HELP PROTECT U.S. CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE!
Become a Senior Attorney at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better
tomorrow! In this job, you’ll advise on a range of employee benefit and executive compensation plans and programs, assist with the preparation of Compensation & Executive Personnel Committee materials and related corporate governance
matters, and report to a Director/Managing Attorney. You must be able to work independently and be attentive to detail. We also are seeking a candidate who has the ability to simultaneously manage a wide range of assignments, work quickly and
effectively under pressure, and prioritize activities.
As a Senior Attorney at SCE, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the
challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Reviewing and revising plan documents, summary plan descriptions, prospectuses, participant communications,
and other documentation for a variety of plans and programs, including qualified defined contribution and defined benefit plans, severance plans, nonqualified deferred compensation plans, annual incentive plans, an omnibus equity incentive plan, and an
employee stock purchase plan.
- Drafting compensation-related portions of proxy statements, periodic reports, board resolutions, employment agreements, and regulatory filings.
- Advising internal client organizations regarding plan
administration, ERISA issues, Form 5500s, IRC 409A, employment tax issues, perquisites, disclosure requirements, and Compensation & Executive Personnel Committee matters.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on executive
compensation legislation and on regulatory proceedings involving SCE’s executive compensation practices.
- Preparing Section 16 filings.
- Serving as counsel to fiduciary committees and plan administrators, including preparing committee
resolutions, minutes, and determinations regarding appeals of denied benefit claims.
- Contributing to cross-functional or departmental projects and teams.
- Directing and managing outside counsel retained to support SCE’s legal
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) from an accredited law school.
- Current member in good standing of the State Bar of California, or willingness and ability to
become accredited as such.
- 8 or more years of experience practicing law. Your combined experience can be at a law firm, corporate in-house setting, or government authority.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Significant relevant legal experience with qualified and nonqualified plans and with laws that affect benefits and compensation, including ERISA, tax, and securities
- Strategic problem solver with strong analytical ability to provide legal advice within a business context.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience interacting with non-lawyer clients and stakeholders.
This includes business and technical clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team, including the ability to promote positive cooperation within the legal team, with other SCE personnel, and with outside
You should know
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless
otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation is included for this
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate Resource page for further information and to access information guides. Please access our Information Guides, to reference Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles test 8203. Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some
cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation
that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and
professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
How to Apply
Please use link to apply.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)