“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Payroll Audit Manager
Sheet Metal Workers' National Pension Fund
in Falls Church VA
The Payroll Audit Manager will oversee the examination of contributing employer records to determine if the employer has accurately reported hours and submitted payments to the Sheet Metal Workers’ National Benefit Funds. The incumbent will work
closely with employers, fund administrators, supervisors, managers, and union officials. The Payroll Audit Manager will have the ability to build internal capacity to conduct payroll audits and determine the most efficient balance between internal and
external resources. This position is part of a team and will cross-train in Billing and CBA functions to create a well-rounded understanding of the Plan and operations.
The Payroll Audit Manager will be
responsible for ensuring that accurate and complete payroll audits are conducted of all participating employers. Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the outside auditing firm’s work on payroll
audits conducted by them.
- Collaborate with Fund Office staff to gather the documentation needed to conduct the audit and report back in a manner that addresses the needs of other departments within the Fund Office.
- Tracks all facets of the
payroll audit function including annual lists, audit dates, findings, current status, etc.
- Review all audit work to verify accuracy and work with Local Unions and employers to confirm findings before billings are sent.
- Prepare reports to
the Board of Trustees and Senior Management as requested.
- Provide input to the appropriate fund administrators and provide additional guidance for the efficiency of the payroll review function.
- Maintains electric and paper files containing
work papers, supporting documentation, and correspondence related to payroll audits.
- Reports to Operations Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree,
preferably in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience with a multi-employer, Taft-Hartley, defined benefit plan.
- 5-7 years of internal and/or external audit experience, preferably with defined benefit plans.
- 2+ years of senior-level
experience leading projects and/or staff.
- Strong understanding of compliance audits, internal control, payroll taxes, and payroll systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical,
problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply ERISA DOL and IRS Regulations as related to employer contributions.
- MBA, CPA certification, or other relevant advanced degree or certification a
- Experience with major auditing firms a plus.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to email@example.com.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)