“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Principal Benefits Expert
in Remote / Portland OR
The Principal Benefits Expert uses their extensive knowledge of employee health and welfare benefits to provide customers with practical guidance in clear language. As the senior subject matter expert, this position is
responsible for oversight of our benefits content on our platform as well as creating and delivering externally-facing resources such as blog posts and webinars. They will also act as an expert-level support for our benefits advisors. Additionally, they
will partner with other departments to help inform and define the future state of our benefits services and products.
- Ensure that the benefits compliance content (including health and welfare, retirement and savings,
account-based, and ancillary benefits) on the platform is accurate and up to date.
- Create process to ensure that relevant new federal and state benefits laws and regulations are known and communicated to our teams and
- Work with other (more junior) benefits content creators to update and create new content around changing benefits laws and regulations.
- Act as an escalation point for compliance guidance to Benefits Advisors on
deep benefit topics.
- Develop the knowledge and capabilities related to benefits of our internal team including content to be used as resources by the team.
- Act as an externally-facing benefits expert and thought leader in
webinars, interviews, etc.
- Creation of additional content to include articles and blog posts to support external marketing and thought leadership initiatives.
- Act as a benefits subject matter expert to assist our product
team in creating and supporting benefits related products such as our Benefits Document Creator.
- Use industry and customer knowledge to assist our product team with identifying and assessing future product and service opportunities in the
- 10+ years of benefits consulting experience, focusing on health and welfare, in large consulting firm or brokerage.
- CEBS professional designation (completion of all GBA courses, toward
designation may be acceptable).
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of health & welfare benefits for ERISA and non-ERISA employers, including:
- Plan designs, current trends and strategies;
methods and insurance types, including a variety of group insurance markets;
- ERISA reporting and disclosure requirements;
- Federal benefit laws, including COBRA, HIPAA MSP, MHPAEA, NMHPA,
- Wellness programs and HIPAA, ADA, and GINA requirements;
- Extensive experience in advising employers on the Affordable Care Act
- In-depth knowledge of federal tax rules for H&W
and ancillary benefits (§§ 62, 79, 105/106, 125, 132, 213(d), 223), etc.);
- Account-based health benefits such as FSAs; HRAs; and HSAs.
- Familiarity with typical designs and basic compliance requirements of
retirement/savings programs (e.g. 401(k), 403(b), defined benefit, profit sharing and ESOP)
- Demonstrated understanding of business issues tied to HR and benefits;
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and accurately convey complex
benefits topics in an easy to understand way both in writing and orally;
- Experience in presenting and/or teaching benefits topics;
- Ability to problem solve and multitask;
- Experienced MS Office
- Experience in benefits consulting for employers undergoing change (e.g., mergers/acquisitions, spin-offs/divestitures)preferred;
- Experience in third-party benefits administration (TPA, PEO, claims administrator)
How to Apply
To submit your application, please use the "Apply Now" button below.
To learn more about Mineral, check out our website at https://trustmineral.com/about-us/careers/
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)