View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Client Relationship Consultant
FuturePlan, by Ascensus
in Remote / Dallas TX
FuturePlan is the nation’s largest third-party administrator (TPA) of retirement plans, partnering with advisors in all 50 states. FuturePlan delivers the best of both worlds: high-touch personalized service from local TPAs backed by the strength
and security of a large national firm, Ascensus. Our roots go back decades, with nearly 30 outstanding legacy firms now joined together to deliver unmatched levels of service, innovation and expertise to a fast-growing client base from coast to coast. The
FuturePlan team includes more than 500 credentialed plan professionals, 60 actuaries, and one of the industry’s largest in-house ERISA teams. Learn more at FuturePlan.com.
FuturePlan is the nation’s largest third-party administrator (TPA)
of retirement plans, partnering with advisors in all 50 states. FuturePlan delivers the best of both worlds: high-touch personalized service from local TPAs backed by the strength and security of a large national firm, Ascensus. Our roots go back decades,
with nearly 30 outstanding legacy firms now joined together to deliver unmatched levels of service, innovation and expertise to a fast-growing client base from coast to coast. The FuturePlan team includes more than 500 credentialed plan professionals, 60
actuaries, and one of the industry’s largest in-house ERISA teams. Learn more at FuturePlan.com.
Serve as a resource to plan sponsors, CPAs, and financial advisors for matters related to ERISA compliance,
plan design and governmental reporting. This person is the single point of contact for the employer/plan sponsor and all of their advisors/financial professionals and plan sponsor for their accounts. A Client Relationship Consultant attends and
participates in client meetings and client challenges both in person and virtually. They are not only responsible for delivering and consulting on the final product of annual administrative reports but serve as the retirement plan expert to their clients
on Cash Balance Plans and 401(k) Profit Sharing plans in areas including, but not limited to, non-discrimination testing, 5500s, loans and distributions, plan documents, PBGC, actuarial valuations and calculations, and corrective measures needed to
maintain ERISA compliance. This person also understands stand-alone and combo plan design/testing, and can assist on daily plan operations with finding practical solutions to client issues. Cash balance plan experience is
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access,
improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible
in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Managing Relationships with Clients
- Achieve above 4+ average ratings on client survey forms. Maintain a good relationship with each
- Retain all existing profitable clients and prevent attrition of this type of client.
- Work to improve profitability of non-profitable clients by increasing fees or helping them find a new consulting firm.
- Complete Annual
Client Review form for all clients, with a formal conference call or face-to-face meeting. Make a point of going through the exercise to make sure that you have addressed all items on the client review form on an annual basis.
- Watch for changes of
the clients’ needs and expectations.
- Watch for changes taking place within clients’ firm.
- Be the main contact for our clients, advisors, CPAs and attorneys who are involved with the plans for strategic plan issues.
the first to be contacted by a client when they have consulting/strategic issues regarding the plans.
- Identify and define clients’ problems. Listen for problems that client is facing and find a way to provide appropriate solutions for
- Seek out consulting opportunities by always look for opportunities to provide additional services and consulting to clients and bill for the services.
- Be proactive and contact clients regarding upcoming events or issues, including
changes at vendors and changes in the law and regulations that may affect their plans and let them know that you are thinking about them at all times.
Managing Your Book of Business
- Achieve above 4+ average ratings on internal timeliness survey form.
- Work with an assigned Specialist(s) to get Normal Recurring Services done within our service standards (e.g., six weeks for completing IRS testing,
- Follow-up data, trust, documents etc. necessary to complete the work in a timely fashion and minimize rushes.
- Assign appropriate tasks in Workflow and manage due dates with clients and specialists.
- Work with assigned
Specialist and/or Compliance Team subgroups (e.g., loan and withdrawals, plan documents, etc.) to get Other Services done by agreed upon due date with client.
- Have the agreed upon number of face-to-face client meetings each year. Promote meetings
by calling on clients to see if they can meet with you at our office or theirs. Offer them lunch, if appropriate.
- Provide answers and solutions to problems that Specialists encounter. Address the issues right away, do not create work bottleneck for
other team members working on your clients.
- Delegate administrative functions of the daily routine and manage the work delegated to your administrative assistant to get the work done
- Enter consulting time in
time keeping system daily.
- Manage a book of business as defined in your annual goals (current range is from $750,000 to $1,500,000).
- Ensure client service (fee) agreements are up-to-date.
- Complete billing by processing your draft
billing summary (DBS) within 5 business days of receipt from Accounting and processing traditional invoices within 10 business days of receipt from Accounting. All billing, including adjustment forms should be done via paperless processes.
and determine the write-up/write-off amounts. Bill toward the budget of normal recurring services and other services outside of normal recurring services appropriately.
- Communicate and work out billing issues with the President. Determine whether
the budget is too high or too low, indicate any extra time that is not billable with the reasons identified and suggest solutions.
- Prepare Client Authorization Forms for additional special service projects.
- Collect billing by working with
assigned Accounting Specialist. Monitor the Aging report and follow up when talking with the client and outstanding invoices. Ideal days-sales-outstanding (DSO) is less than 35 days.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES - Internal
- Consider attending at least one outside retirement services seminar a year (e.g. ASPPA, etc.), per agreed upon Learning & Professional Development Plan. Refer to the firm’s policy on attending seminars.
- Attend appropriate
internal training sessions.
- Keep up to date of all aspects of retirement plan and/or investment consulting by reading circulated emails and papers on technical/investment issues.
- Internal Process Improvement
- Suggest ideas to improve
our processes. Discuss challenges that you face with your supervisor at any time. Suggest constructive solutions to those challenges. Share your ideas amongst your peers.
- Provide feedback for other employees’ and your own One-to-One meetings
by the due date requested.
- Provide back up to other teams as necessary.
- Other work as assigned via Committees and/or Taskforces.
- Promote/sell additional special services to existing clients.
when possible with centers of influence
- Call on prospects as necessary with or without sales team to close the business.
- Attend meetings/seminars to build relationships with influential people.
- If defined in annual goals, close an
agreed amount of first year billings from new clients
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Five to ten years of experience in the retirement plan
- Excellent understanding of plan administration, compliance testing and pension law.
- At least three years of hands on experience with defined contribution (401(k)) plans, including record keeping and vendor issues if working
primarily with defined contribution plans.
- At least three years of hands on actuarial work with defined benefit plans, including cash balance plans if working primarily with defined benefit plans. Includes excellent understanding of funding methods
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Good business sense to understand clients’ business needs
- Team player
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Excellent verbal and written
communication skills, including public speaking, on the phone and presentation skills
- Excellent delegation skills
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word and Notes
- Intermediate sales/negation
- B.A./B.S. preferred
- Working towards ASPPA’s CPC designation preferred.
- If working on DB plans, have knowledge base of an Enrolled Actuary (EA) – EA
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through
our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality
First. Integrity Always.®
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing
that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Status”).
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)