View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
NFL Player Benefit Office
in Baltimore MD
The Benefits Supervisor is responsible for supervising, coaching and training Benefit Coordinators and managing their day-to-day performance. As necessary, this position processes benefit applications, and handles related
issues from NFL Players, participants, and related parties. Answers participant questions and resolves complex issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Duties and
Responsibilities – The following are to be performed accurately, completely, professionally, and in a timely manner:
- Plan, organize, and direct the daily services and operations of several
retirement and benefit plans with the ability to review and interpret plan documents.
- Ensure staff compliance with company and plan policies and procedures.
- Consult with outside
actuaries, auditors, attorneys and vendors.
- Prepare benefit calculations and interact with plan participants.
- Resolve elevated participant issues.
- Responds to participant complaints and comments.
- Responsible for auditing data and processing participant pension payments in accordance with elections and/or Qualified Domestic Relations
- Responsible for ensuring accurate claims processing by auditing payments, workflows, and staff communications.
- Oversees quality and quantity of work produced, ensuring
employees are held accountable and expectations are consistently met.
- Develops staff through performance management, goal setting, training, and effective participant relations.
- Develop and produce new initiatives to increase efficiencies, processing timelines, and accuracy.
- Regularly develops and executes improvement plans for benefits processing.
- Effectively monitors needs and requirements of plan participants and related third parties to respond effectively to their issues and questions.
- Sets effective goals and completes thorough
Performance Evaluations for all direct reports; provides ongoing feedback to employees on their performance and develops written documentation of feedback as required.
- Keeps Operations Manager informed of operational
- Effectively addresses issues with operational performance quickly.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements of ERISA
plans and claims processing.
- Knowledge of best practices in claims administration and benefits administration.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication and information that is diplomatic, tactful, complete, accurate, and
- Skills in identifying and resolving problems timely, analytically, and efficiently.
- Ability to gather and analyze information and develops logical and reasonable solutions.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional
customer situations with a high level of sophistication and diplomacy.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification when necessary; responds informatively to questions.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work
activities and set goals and objectives.
- Ability to exhibit sound, timely, and accurate with sound reasoning for decisions and includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Ability to seek increased responsibilities and
- Broad knowledge of retirement plans, Internal Revenue Code, ERISA, and Department of Labor regulations.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist, HRCP, or PHR
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Degree in HR or
Benefits preferred, or equivalent skill set or knowledge acquired through formal education including benefit related certificates or benefit related courses.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) and/or Certified
Plan Sponsor Professional (CPSP) certification preferred.
- Five (5) years of benefits administration experience required with two (2) years of supervisory or management experience.
- Minimum three (3) to (5) working in qualified defined contribution and defined benefit plans.
How to Apply
You can apply on on-line or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)