View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Sr Advisor New Business - Insurance & Financial Services
National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA)
in Arlington VA / Lincoln NE
This position functions as a relationship manager, project manager and business analyst supporting the critical core I&FS mission of business growth and development. The Senior Advisor is responsible for
developing and delivering professional proposal responses relative to NRECA's group and retirement products. This position serves as project lead throughout the new business quotation and implementation process, ensuring customer satisfaction from the
point of the original inquiry through the point the plan is fully active. This person is also charged with supporting the development and retention of current business by providing guidance and support on significant benefit and plan changes. This position
also provides coordination and oversight to plan terminations and de-conversions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support I&FS business development efforts while serving as the primary point of contact
for field staff and cooperative throughout the proposal process.
- Develop an understanding of the cooperative’s goals and needs for their benefit programs and recommend and create plan design and pricing alternatives that balance cooperative
employee benefit budgets and overall employee benefit objectives.
- Prepare detailed side-by-side benefits analysis from summary plan descriptions and schedule of benefits documents
- Work with underwriting and actuarial team to provide
technical and demographic information needed to develop appropriate pricing based on the specific market dynamics and risks relevant to each business opportunity.
- Identify and communicate with appropriate subject matter experts (product management
and development, legal, compliance, underwriting and actuarial), advising them of relevant information needed and the associated deadlines.
- Assimilate and maintain key data and information in a robust knowledge database for use in future proposal
- Develop and deliver formal proposal responses to cooperative management and/or third party consultants in order to execute the formal pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Coordinate the timely assembly and delivery of the
formal proposal response, including travel to cooperatives for in-person presentation of proposal where necessary.
- Analyze market dynamics relevant to opportunities/threats and identify and pursue opportunities for business growth..
with cooperative management, third party consultants and union/ non-union insurance committee representatives to assess current benefits and funding mechanism. Offer guidance on ways to mitigate benefit cost trends.
- Facilitate requests for rate
tier changes and co-op splits and mergers.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends by routinely reading and studying industry publications and electronic communications and attending industry conferences and seminars to build and maintain
knowledge and expertise.
- Maintain proper security and disposal of any confidential information that is possessed in the course of performing this position's job duties, in accordance with NRECA’s Personnel & Administrative Policy and
HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies & Procedures Manuals.
Responsible for the proper security and disposal of any confidential information that he or she may possess in the course of performing this position’s job duties, in
accordance with NRECA’s Personnel & Administrative Policy and HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies & Procedures Manuals.
Formal Education Required
Business Administration, Communications, Economics, Marketing, Statistics or experience in a related field
Experience and Certifications Required
- 5+ years experience with a major group insurance provider,
broker,consultant or benefits administrator preferably in a role developing/managing proposals or serving as Account/Service Manager
- CEBS designation and/or Health and Life insurance licenses and retirement certifications plus.
FLSA Status: EXEMPT
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (as demonstrated by prior work experience)
- Knowledge of the medical and group insurance industry, products and plan
- Knowledge of the retirement industry, products and plan designs for 401(k), 457(b) and Defined Benefit pension plans.
- Ability to understand and articulate factors that influence rates and product pricing.
- Ability to
understand and articulate premium funding arrangements.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and multiple projects at various stages of development using effective organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead people and
foster collaborative skills and consensus building while operating in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse membership, employees and/or vendors in a clear and precise
- Ability to be persuasive, negotiate, and collaborate with individuals at all levels inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to define issues, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and apply to work
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point) in the day-to-day essential duties of the job.
- Ability to operate various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, printer, fax machine or
other job related equipment.
- Ability to provide service excellence by building relationships, being resourceful, responsive and respectful.
- Ability to travel.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)