View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Services Associate
Responsible for client service support, assisting the Business Advisor, Retirement Specialists and Retirement Specialists with client service functions. Collaborate with teams to ensure departmental quality and
service goals are met and that all client requests are addressed within the permissible time frames. Clients support will include both direct and advisor-driven relationships working in conjunction with, and taking direction from the retirement
relationship managers and retirement specialists. As defined, work with plan sponsors and plan participants to resolve questions and concerns.
Job Function 1: Processing
Support - 60%
- Oversee the fund change process once a plan sponsor elects to make a fund change. Submit plan fund change requests through the fund change team, send all documentation and disclosures to the plan sponsor for review, signature
approval and disclosure dissemination.
- Manage enrollment kit orders. Complete order form, update plan highlights, confirm other specific plan documents are current and submit order to fulfillment team in a timely manner to ensure receipt by an
- Contact plan sponsors to determine the cause and request payment of late administration fees.
- Submit external advisor invoices for processing through the accounts payable database.
- Request or create special reports
related to fees, revenue sharing and plan demographics as requested by external advisors, consultants or auditors.
- Prepare materials for Business Advisors, Retirement Specialists’ (BARS) meetings with plan sponsors and advisors. Where
applicable, print, assemble and ship materials to the appropriate location.
Job Function 2: Client Service Support - 20%
- Prepare and submit plan change requests for all changes such as plan fees, plan
design or plan administration through the plan change database.
- Provide backup to BARSs and Retirement Specialists (RS) for plan sponsor telephone calls, emails, and other requests.
- Deliver a timely response to internal and external
- Collaboratively work to retain clients and assets working in conjunction with the BARSs and RSs.
- Assist in client feedback efforts and help identify and resolve client services issues as well as meet long term client
- Respond to participant calls relating to general and plan-specific questions. Determine whether the call should be elevated to the BARS based on the complexity of the question.
3: Description Communication - 20%
- Maintain timely and thorough communication amongst team members on all significant client issues and special client projects.
- Use judgment to consider when to escalate issues to
other members of the BARS team or Alerus Retirement and Benefits (ARB) management.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the service team to ensure seamless client service.
- College degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in defined contribution industry, preferably in recordkeeping or administration.
- Superb written/oral communication, organization and client
service skills required.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word including use of pivot tables, charts and graphs and creating/editing presentations.
- Advanced knowledge of Omni preferred.
- Basic knowledge of investments and mutual
- Basic ability to interpret retirement plan documents.
- Well organized.
- High aptitude for delivering a highly impactful and positive client service
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team to meet complex and varied client needs.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical
and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may
also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)