View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Benefits Specialist - Enrollments
Catholic Diocese of Arlington
in Arlington VA
The Human Resources (HR) Office pursues its mission by making the appropriate investments in staffing, training, compensation, communication, benefits and other human resources areas.
Employee Benefits Office supports the overall goal of attracting and retaining highly qualified employees who are committed to the work of the Church and Catholic Education by providing and administering attractive, cost effective employee benefit plans
that fulfill the health and welfare and retirement needs of those employees.
The Benefit Specialist maintains employee medical, dental, vision, life, and disability records by initiating and changing benefits information; calculating and
coordinating benefit billing and premium adjustments; answering general benefit questions; and conducting benefit orientations.
- Reviews all new hire, rehire and
employee change transactions as well as qualifying event requests to determine benefit eligibility; updates appropriate fields in Ceridian to properly reflect such eligibility, including employer only provided benefits; uses generic letters to communicate
benefit eligibility and other key benefit information; works with local processors to correct errors in human resource data that impacts benefits; creates/retrieves benefit files for new hires/rehires and those newly eligible for
- Reviews all non-retiree medical, dental, vision, health savings account and beneficiary enrollments, changes, and waivers for accuracy and timeliness; updates Ceridian accordingly; communicates with employees and/or local processors
to resolve related issues.
- Monitors the benefit eligibility for dependents age 26 or older; updates Ceridian accordingly; uses generic letters to communicate benefit eligibility.
- Monitors for missing social security numbers of
benefit participants; prepares related communications necessary to obtain the information; updates Ceridian accordingly.
- Oversees the automated weekly benefit eligibility files to the benefit vendors; reviews and resolves reported errors or
- Oversees the enrollment, ongoing participation, and funding of employees’ health savings accounts; updates Ceridian with new enrollments and changes; monitors the Customer Identification Program Report to ensure that new
enrollees have passed before allowing paycheck deductions; calculates wellness incentives; reconciles the health savings account funding file to the paycheck deductions every payroll; prepares and transmits health savings account funding files for paycheck
deductions and wellness incentives; prepares wire requests for funding.
- Reviews and audits vendor invoices for accuracy; calculates admin fees for disability and life insurance premiums; prepares vouchers for payment; provides
related reports to broker.
- Reviews all benefit entries to determine if employer and/or employee premium and location billing adjustments are required; calculates all required adjustments; provides files, reports, and adjustments to
appropriate parties; responds to related questions.
- Submits benefit plan recalculations in Ceridian in accordance with benefit and payroll schedule; audits results and resolves related issues.
- Assists in the distribution of
benefit communication materials, including open enrollment materials, required annual announcements, and plan summaries.
- Provides customer service support, by phone and email, to all employees by answering general questions related to
eligibility, forms and processes, premiums, coverage, plan policies and procedures, and the actions to resolve issues.
- Prepares and conducts benefits orientation for new hires of the Central Administrative Office on a biweekly basis; prepares
and conducts the annual new teacher orientation; participates in other benefits presentations as requested.
- Maintains online benefit site; posts and updates benefits related information and documents.
- Sends correspondence as
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge/Skills: Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills; strong basic math and
auditing skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word; working knowledge of payroll/benefit systems, relational data base systems, and the internet; strong organizational skills and the ability to pay meticulous attention to detail and multitask;
ability to work effectively with a diverse customer base, including directors/managers/supervisors, school principals, pastors and employees.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Years and Types of Experience: 2 or
more years office experience, preferably in employee benefit, enrollment, administration, and/or claims, or in HR administration.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)