View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Account Analyst
in Remote / MN / ND
This position is responsible for client service support, assisting the retirement account administrators in the preparation of compliance tests and assisting in reconciling and preparing Form 5500
Job Function 1: Client Service - 40%
- Provide backup to administrators for plan sponsor telephone calls, emails and other requests.
response to internal and external inquiries.
- Keep managers and administrators informed of sensitive client issues and special client projects.
- Proactively work to retain clients and assets.
- Assist in client feedback efforts and help
identify and resolve client service issues, as well as meet long-term client needs.
Job Function 2: Support to Compliance and Form 5500 Reporting – 40%
- Evaluate the integrity of the census data
provided by clients and resolve discrepancies accurately.
- Ensure year-end census information is accurately imported into appropriate systems.
- Work with Manager/Supervisor to resolve technical issues.
- Help prepare Form 5500 filings,
reconciliations and Summary Annual Report for administrator’s review.
Job Function 3: Leadership and Engagement – 20%
- Actively engage in the success of Alerus Retirement and Benefits (ARB)
and Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives with positive active team involvement resulting in a successful outcome.
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and administration unit.
- Provide backup to other
analysts and within the plan services unit.
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism.
- Actively supports the use of Salesforce by
documenting pertinent conversations and emails with clients and others as applicable.
- Recognize and celebrate individual and team accomplishments.
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Good written/oral communication, organization and client service skills required.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet
- Available to work overtime to cover peak work loads and other business needs.
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make
effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by
this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity
Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)