View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Manager, Retirement Customer Solutions
GuideStone Financial Resources
in Dallas TX
The Senior Manager, Retirement Customer Solutions will provide leadership for Retirement Customer Solutions, ensuring smooth operations of the department through goal setting, strategic planning and overseeing a team of managers for the Call Center,
Training and Benefits Administration. This position is responsible for empowering the team managers to take ownership of work performed, manage the daily workflow, and assume responsibility for the result.
What you will
- Direct and manage the Retirement Customer Service Center, Retirement Benefits, and training team.
- Work with Director to establish a clear vision of departmental goals. Evaluate current performance, develop strategies to be
taken and specific tasks to be accomplished to realize the department’s vision and mission.
- Establish, plan, monitor and re-evaluate department objectives, goals, staffing requirements and training needs.
- Develop, mentor, and coach
managers to meet and exceed expectations for their role.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends in the industry and recommend enhancements.
- Ensure smooth operations of the Benefits team and manages the administration of distributions and
retirement accounts in pay status.
- Respond to inquiries/problems (verbally and in writing) for participants, participant representatives, institutions, State Representatives, and executives in situations requiring a high level of tact and
- Act as principal decision maker, in coordination with Director, for hiring, firing, promotion and demotion of employees.
- Conduct regular meetings with department management team and training staff to maintain adequate
two-way communication between upper management and employees.
- Conduct update meetings at least monthly with all department employees for training, development, and communication purposes.
- Partner with Retirement Benefits manager to
prioritize work and effectively assign, delegate, coordinate and monitor the work of team members to meet department standards. Assist in setting clear and measurable expectations and ensure production and accuracy goals are met or
- Support department management team in monitoring performance and implementing automated processes, queries, verification layers, etc. to ensure customer satisfaction and processing accuracy.
- Participate and lead process
improvement to improve productivity and efficiency of work processes. Instruct department on continuous improvement using problem solving and productivity process mapping.
- Create and disseminate various reports pertinent to employee development and
overall department performance.
- Evaluate customer experience, identify and address critical training needs for Retirement Customer Solutions employees.
- Represent GuideStone at various client meetings.
- Develop performance analysis
and needs assessment strategy for all areas of responsibility and report results to executive management.
- Identify and resolve operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment. Assist managers in making recommendations for
improvements in employee productivity or quality of services.
- Represent the department and assist in resolving legal and/or compliance matters.
- Collaborate with other departments as a liaison, resource, and subject matter
- Responsible for all Retirement Call Center vendor relationships.
- Responsible for the Retirement Customer Solutions budget including proposing, preparing, monitoring, and paying bills.
- Create, coordinate, and administer key
departmental policies, procedures, and processes.
- Manage the relationship of GuideStone with its plan sponsors and participants through various interfaces, which include IVR technology, telecommunications, MyGuideStone, Employer Access Program,
toll-free number, email/webmaster and chat.
- Ensure that all FINRA Principal duties and reporting requirements are fulfilled including reviewing registered rep emails and investment trade recommendations. Ensure all specialists meet annual
- Analyze call center traffic data and apply forecasting techniques to make staffing/hardware/software recommendations aimed at greater efficiency and better customer service.
- Participate in licensing continuing
education requirements as mandated by Broker Dealer.
- Direct/manage/participate in special project teams.
- Must maintain complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters.
- Other duties may be
Supervisory Responsibilities and/or Relationships:
- Direct responsibility for the management of the Retirement Customer Solutions department.
- Direct management of the Retirement Customer Solutions
- Full scope of supervision includes but is not limited to: assessment of job applicant qualification; conducting job interviews; hiring and training of employees; coaching, motivating and training employees; planning, assigning, and
directing work and delegating assignments for team; employee rewards; employee discipline and/or termination; employee performance reviews; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Support departmental management team in their
responsibilities, including: supervisory duties in accordance with all organizational policies and applicable laws; ensuring other departments are aware of any work-related issues generated by Retirement Customer Solutions that may impact them; being a
primary resource for Call Center-related processes and tasks for GuideStone employees and stakeholders; providing guidance to employees regarding non-routine tasks; working with other departments to establish and maintain workflows and tasks; and
determining and providing training needs for team members.
What you will need:
- FINRA series 6, 63, 26
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Supervisory experience is
- Experience with administration of retirement plans is essential.
- Proficient PC skills in MS Office and all other applicable GuideStone applications used to support participant and employee data.
- Must be highly organized,
analytical, have strong attention to detail and possess independent decision-making skills.
- Must manage a variety of tasks and processes at any given time and must be able to prioritize those tasks to meet department goals and
- Requires strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with plan sponsors and participants.
- Identify and impart
training to employees on a regular basis to increase job knowledge and to achieve individual and organizational goals.
- Ability to lead, coach, motivate, train, coordinate, evaluate, and discipline employees.
- Ability to understand and
interpret multiple plan documents, policies, procedures, legal requirements, and retirement plan concepts.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of complex recordkeeping system and multiple applications used for research and audit of account
- Ability to understand a daily valuation environment (i.e. calculating shares, dividends, capital gains, and earnings).
- Knowledge of GuideStone retirement and retail products.
- Knowledge of all types of
employer-sponsored retirement plans, IRAs, and personal investments.
- Knowledge of tax reporting concerning distributions, cash withdrawals, or loan defaults, as they apply.
- Eagerly accept and complete tasks, projects and
- Seek out ways to enhance our current processes and takes the initiative to implement improvements when appropriate.
- Ability to research and analyze problems of high impact and recommend solutions.
- Flexibility required,
especially with longer hours needed to accomplish certain assignments.
- Travel for conferences/workshops and/or client site visits, as needed: 1-2% annually.
- Must maintain complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)