“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Hunton Andrews Kurth
in FL / GA / NY / TX / VA
Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP, an international law firm, is actively recruiting a Benefits Manager. This position manages the firm’s domestic and international benefit programs. The Benefits Manager plans and implements benefit programs that maximize
benefit and tax-sheltered opportunities for partners and enhance the recruitment and retention of highly qualified lawyers and staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for strategic planning and
administration of benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and disability, as well as qualified and non-qualified retirement plans; researches market to determine competitive plans and stays abreast of
latest benefit trends, legal issues, and cost containment initiatives.
- Works closely with benefit consultants to develop requests for proposals, evaluate the responses, and develop pricing for benefit plan selections.
- Represents the firm in
negotiations and problem resolutions with third-party administrators or insurers of all benefit plans; ensures that vendor performance meets the high expectations of the firm’s lawyers and staff.
- Assures firm compliance with provisions of
Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and that appropriate reports (forms 5500) are filed timely with the Internal Revenue Service and annual retirement audits are completed timely; assures compliance with Department of Labor requirements and
prepares responses to plan audits if necessary.
- Assures firm compliance with all benefit -related federal, state, and local regulations, to include COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Workers Compensation, OSHA, and USERRA. Business owner for the firm’s
property, casualty and risk policy renewals.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of management experience.
Preferably in a law firm, professional services, or other client relationship-based organization.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
- Frequent travel may be required.
- Availability and willingness to work hours
as needed to meet critical deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Strong commitment to client service excellence and teamwork.
- Must possess the highest standards of ethical conduct and
- Must act as catalyst for change, drive and own results.
- Creative and innovative.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening) and ability to collaborate effectively with diverse group of
- Sound judgment and flexibility.
- Ability to work well under pressure, patience, diplomacy, high stress tolerance, excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to prioritize workload and adapt to changing
- Visual acuity needed to process and read extensive written communications.
- Ability to receive and convey detailed information through oral communication.
- Essential competency processes include language ability, reasoning
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must possess the abilities or aptitudes to proficiently perform each of the responsibilities and accountabilities described above, with or without reasonable
EEO/drug-free workplace/E-Verify participant/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)