“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan Administrator II
Retirement Plan Solutions, Inc.
in Remote / Cary NC
Due to tremendous growth, RPSI is growing our team! We are looking for experienced and dedicated Retirement Plan Administrators to join our amazing team.
Manages an assigned book of business, typically
80-120 clients, comprised of moderate to complex plans with minimal direction. Serves as primary point of contact and establishes excellent client relationships to achieve or exceed client satisfaction and company retention standards. Responsible for
client services and compliance to meet all IRS and DOL testing and reporting requirements. Performs annual plan administration, including but not limited to plan census, data verification, contribution calculations, required testing, account
reconciliation, and tax form preparation. Works closely with internal and external stake holders to ensure timely completion and delivery of services. May train or assist less experienced analysts.
TYPES OF PLANS
- 401(k) Solo
- Non-ERISA 403(b)
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) SH
- Defined Benefit
- 457 Plans
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
Data Verification and Contribution Calculations (30%)
- Compiles, reviews, and prepares annual census data and eligibility calculations.
- Reviews legal plan documents and all employee data and determines
- Performs all required IRS and DOL compliance testing, such as ADP/ACP and other applicable tests, to ensure clients are 100% compliant.
- Identifies and resolves plan discrepancies and errors to ensure
- Verifies data accuracy provided by other providers such as payroll services, record keepers, investment firms, etc.
- Processes client payroll submissions per client SLA.
- Reviews and processes Required Minimum
Reporting and Balance Sheet (30%)
- Balances and reconciles trust assets for audits and balance sheet preparations across various platforms.
- Compiles annual valuation of plans for regulatory reporting
- Prepares signature ready Form 5500s and other government filings.
- Files required government forms on behalf of clients when assigned filing authority.
Client Services (30%)
- Proactively manages all facets of
plan administration for assigned book of business.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external clients.
- Research problems and conducts follow-ups in a timely, accurate and
- May attend, accompanied by management, client meetings and conference calls.
- With management approval, facilitates any requested plan amendments or client changes as needed.
- Elevates and/or consults management with
service, design or compliance issues as needed.
Other Duties (10%)
- Assists with peer reviews as assigned.
- Documents all client interactions, activity and notes in database for historical tracking.
- Ensures virtual
dashboard updated to show projects and tasks progress/status.
- Attends company/staff meetings and presents client-related updates as requested.
- Responsible for protecting, securing and proper handling of confidential data per company
- Attends trainings and remains current with laws/regulations for retirement plan administration.
- May provide guidance and training to less experienced analysts.
- Other duties as assigned by
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong client-focused aptitude with ability to anticipate client needs
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical acuity
- Aptitude for
extensive research and troubleshooting
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong prioritization and time management to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude to
work independently and remotely (as applicable)
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and discretion
- Computer skills including but not limited to MS Office, CRM and/or web-based services
- 4-7 years' progressive experience in retirement plan administration managing portfolio of moderate to complex clients.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret documents, resolve
problems and work with detailed technical knowledge of many types of retirement plans.
- Highly proficient in MS Office. Experience with retirement CRM software, preferably PensionPro.
- Prior experience in fast-paced, self-directed
- Experience working with diverse personalities with integrity and patience.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Additional ASPPA Certification(s) a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Sedentary/stationary position. Must be able to remain in stationary position for prolonged periods (up to
90% of time) with occasional movement around office environment.
- Requires frequent use of computer for extended viewing of computer screen (at least 90% of time) and repetitive use of a keyboard and some phone activity.
- Occasional lifting,
moving, placing items of up to 10 lbs. at or above head level.
- Position may be located remotely such as home-based office.
- May require occasional travel by car to corporate office, client site, training or conferences.
skills: listening, verbal, written.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume to Laura Reinke, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)