“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan Manager
At Wipfli, people count
Our people are core to everything we do — the catalyst behind our ability to create exceptional impact and extraordinary results.
We believe in flexibility. We focus on relationships. We
encourage each individual to follow their own path. And we seek feedback openly, from all.
People matter here and they feel it.
And we value curiosity. Curious is more than a personality trait. It’s a way of thinking. Of learning.
There’s purpose in this wonder. It makes us better. It makes us Wipfli.
If you want to be in an environment where you can make a difference — and make a professional home — Wipfli is the place for you.
out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
- Prepare and
review valuations of retirement plans to include: preparation of compiled financial statements, calculate various contributions, complete appropriate testing, prepare periodic client/plan sponsor reports and year-end filings, prepare periodic participant
statements, and prepare reports for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Department of Labor (DOL)
- Provide technical support and consulting to clients, participants, and investment advisors regarding the installation of new plans and takeover
plans, including plan design and enrollment meetings
- Consult with clients to draft and prepare plan documents and amendments to meet client needs and objectives while remaining in compliance with legal requirements
- Provide ongoing technical
support and consulting to clients and manage service engagements
- Assist clients and participants via telephone, email, website, and in person, with questions regarding retirement plan distributions, contributions, earnings, and
- Communicate status updates with team to ensure all client service expectations and filing deadlines are met
- Work with FIS Relius Support to maintain an understanding of and utilize various Relius software programs.
suggestions for process efficiency improvements
- Build and nurture networks with Wipfli relationship executives and other professionals
- Prepare and review Forms 5500 and 1099s for retirement, cafeteria, and health and welfare plans,
including researching issues and interpreting Department of Labor and tax code and evaluating proper completion of returns
- Provide team leadership, direction, mentorship, and engagement supervision of consultants and specialists
resource material regarding DOL and IRS code, ERISA and other changes to Retirement Plans, Health and Welfare Plans, Cafeteria Plans and use same to research ERISA issues
- Attend workshops and conferences, read industry publications to stay current
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or business-related field with at least 8 years of retirement plan consulting and/or recordkeeping experience
- Certified Employee
Benefit Specialist or similar ASPPA certification preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Relius Software Suite, and ftWilliam.com preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must be detail oriented
possess knowledge and practicable application ability with retirement plan services, plan design, and record keeping processes and procedures.
- Ability to analyze data and recommend solutions, using independent judgment and decision making to
compare alternative plan designs and recommend approach to meet the client’s objectives
- Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with teams of various associates
- Ability to
communicate effectively with clients and participants in person, over the telephone, and via email
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)