View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Operations Specialist
in Remote / MN
The position is responsible for oversight, training, and corrections of employee benefit plan transactions. This position is also responsible for accurate and timely reconciliation for cash and share accounts.
This person will have strong system knowledge enabling them to answer Alerus Retirement and Benefits (ARB) staff questions. This person will exhibit strong attention to detail, and be able to work in a fast paced environment quickly and accurately. The
person in this position will be self-motivated, and will be one of the main contacts in the technician area.
Job Function 1: Corrections and Dividends -
- Responsible for understanding, calculating and trading corrections for all correction types.
- Research and determine where the error originated from, providing guidance to prevent future occurrences, finding commonalities for
training purposes. Must follow regulations set by the IRS, DOL and ERISA.
- Research and handle sensitive issues/projects to assist administrator, other technicians, or management with problem resolution.
- Post dividends as needed to ensure
deadlines are met.
- Perform additional jobs to make sure prices and rates are correct.
Job Function 2: Reconciliation - Research and Resolution - 20%
- Responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly
reconciliation of complex account sets.
- Daily researching, identifying, and documenting differences so each item has a status update.
- Contacting and following up with appropriate people who need to be notified when accounts are out of
balance. Provide direction to clear balancing items.
- Responsible for ensuring balancing items are cleared, submit corrections as needed.
- Responsible for noting trends or issues. Inform management of any potential
Job Function 3: Generalist, Development and Training - 20%
- Responsible for working with administrators and staff to resolve issues.
- Assist in efficiency creation. Responsible for
updating and creating procedures and notes when changes occur or new processes are implemented.
- Must work with limited supervision, act in best interest of Alerus and with respect to regulations.
- Develop and maintain positive working
relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external clients.
- Knowledgeable about the operational features of OmniPlus and other ancillary systems used in processing to staff and manager.
- Will be a role model and
motivator for the team.
- Responsible for participant statement process as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; 3+ years prior experience in
retirement operations or related area preferred.
- Knowledge of retirement and recordkeeping systems and recordkeeping operational functions.
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to identify
and resolve process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with employees and customers.
- Proven record of working in a fast paced environment while managing multiple tasks & deadlines.
- Ability to effectively
prioritize and manage multiple assignments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills.
- Available to work flexible hours to cover peak workloads and to meet daily workload
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to work independently while
supporting a collaborative, team orientated environment.
- Reliable follow through without supervision.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in an ever-changing, fast –paced environment.
- High attention to
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to be a point person for the department.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Extended periods of time sitting
at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to
stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at
approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)