View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
in Remote / NJ / PA
SPS is a TPA & Actuarial firm focusing on the small to mid-size plan market seeks a well-rounded REMOTE enrolled actuary with at least 5 years of experience in Cash Balance and Defined Benefit administration
to join our team. In particular, experience with Datair Pension Administration, Reporter and Document Systems is required.
SPS administers 750 plans in more than 35 states. We have a “small firm feel” with the resources to match national
Cash balance and traditional defined benefit plan administration - 75%
- Handle all aspects of retirement plan administration for cash balance and traditional defined
- Interpret plan document and contract provisions and apply experience and judgement to situational problem resolution. Work with SPS staff as needed.
- Identify and implement changes/amendments needed to plan documentation to
address client needs and/or resolve client requests.
- Monitor receipt of client’s census information for completion of annual reporting requirements.
- Ensure timely completion of 415 limit calculations, top-heavy calculations, annual
5500 reporting, PBGC premium filings, participant benefit distributions including relative value computations, ASC 715 and 960 calculations and reports including settlements and curtailments as needed.
- Coordinate the completion of discrimination
compliance testing. Provide input and guidance to SPS staff assigned to combo plans.
- Coordinate the steps to terminate a plan with other team members, including filings with the PBGC and IRS as deemed necessary.
- Develop and maintain cash
balance and defined benefit plan procedures and processes to ensure consistency in plan administration.
Client Service - 10%
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with staff and
- Assist in client feedback efforts and work with SPS to identify and resolve service issues as well as meet long-term client needs.
- Involve management as needed to resolve technical, service, and compliance issues to ensure client
- Respond timely to all internal and external inquiries.
Plan Onboarding - 10%
- Create adoption agreements for new clients on Datair docs.
- Consult on new business proposals representing expertise
in cash balance and defined benefit plan design.
- Revise projections based on feedback.
- Consult and revise projections until desired outcome is achieved.
Engagement - 5%
- Actively engage in the success of SPS,
promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives with positive active team involvement resulting in a successful outcome.
- Participate in projects to improve the services offered by SPS, including project groups tasked with developing enhanced
procedures or policies.
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced staff members.
- Assist in problem resolution as well as developing technical skills of others.
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism.
- Support and promote communication within the team through direct communication.
- Recognize and celebrate individual/team accomplishments.
- 5+ years experience in complex defined benefit plan administration such as cash balance plans, traditional defined benefit plans, and other unique plan
- Bachelor’s degree with experience as an enrolled actuary approved by the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries in Active Status.
- Member of American Academy of Actuaries, Society of Actuaries and/or the American Society
of Pension Professionals & Actuaries.
- Ability to perform all aspects of retirement plan compliance testing and allocations with minimal review.
- Interpret documents and resolve technical problems.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft
Excel and basic knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Experience with Datair software.
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, and
- Demonstrated critical thinking abilities.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Multi-task, prioritize workflow and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet
deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
- Proven ability to work with detailed technical
knowledge of all types of retirement plans.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Pension education and credentials are valued and supported. High compensation and comprehensive benefits package with generous PTO.
How to Apply
Applicants should email email@example.com and reference this BenefitsLink ad.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)