View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Account Administrator
Help foster a cohesive service team by directing workflow, supporting strong communication and displaying good judgment and leadership to ensure the proper administration of all plans. Responsible for client
service, compliance and Form 5500 reporting of an assigned group of retirement plans, typically 60-70 plans. Plan assignment may include employee stock ownership plans (ESOP).
1: Client Service – 40%
- Proactively manage assigned client relationships to achieve or exceed client service satisfaction and Alerus Retirement and Benefits (ARB) retention standards.
- Develop and maintain
positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external clients.
- Keep Manager / Supervisor informed of sensitive issues and proactively work with Business Advisor, Retirement Specialist or Retirement Specialist
(BARS/RS) to retain key clients and assets.
- Work with Manager / Supervisor to resolve technical, service and compliance issues to ensure client satisfaction without jeopardizing regulatory requirements and service standards.
- Assist in
client feedback efforts and work with BARS / RS to identify and resolve service issues as well as meet long-term client needs.
- Meet service standards. Proactively notify Manager / Supervisor and client (as appropriate) if standards will not be
- Timely response to internal and external inquiries.
Job Function 2: Compliance and Form 5500 Reporting - 40%
- Monitor receipt of client’s census information to prioritize completion of
compliance tests and/or Form 5500 reporting for an assigned set of plans.
- Understand and interpret plan document and contract provisions and apply experience and judgment to situational problem resolution. Work with Manager / Supervisor and/or RRM
- If assigned ESOP plans, possess the necessary skills to administer ESOPs which includes an understanding of the valuation process, updating participant records and delivery of the year-end annual valuation report and participant
- Ensure that appropriate compliance tests are accurate and completed within standards.
- Ensure Form 5500 and Summary Annual Report is accurate and completed within standards.
- Identify changes / amendments needed to
documents due to client requests.
- Independently administer more complex defined contributions plans.
Job Function 3: Leadership and Engagement – 20%
- Actively engage in the success of ARB
and Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives with positive active team involvement resulting in a successful outcome.
- Participate in projects to improve the products and services offered by ARB, including project groups tasked
with developing enhanced procedures or policies.
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and administration unit.
- Treat all clients and co-workers with professionalism.
- Support and promote communication within the
service team through direct communication, Salesforce and other available tools as needed in order to build strong internal relationships.
- Actively support the use of Salesforce by documenting pertinent communications with clients and others as
- Recognize and celebrate individual / team accomplishments.
- Provide training and support to analysts and less experienced account administrators.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in defined contribution retirement plan compliance or testing required. 3 or more years’ of experience, preferred.
- Good written / oral communication, organization, and
client service skills required.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work independently and set priorities.
- Ability to interpret documents and resolve technical
- Available to work overtime to cover peak workloads and other business needs.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Possess or have an established plan to complete ASPPA’s Retirement Plan Fundamentals
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and discretion.
- Demonstrated critical thinking abilities.
creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect
to high level business impact and risk.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Extended periods of time at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal
computer / laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor
- Ability to travel as needed to other markets and locations.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)