View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Implementation Coordinator
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the onboarding process for new Alerus retirement plan clients, including startup plans, transfer plans and internal conversions. Support all elements of
the onboarding process by assisting internal departments and external parties through an established implementation timeline. Assist in communicating the implementation plan, including the key objectives and deliverables, scheduling, tracking and reporting
to internal and external parties. Assist in assigning and performing tasks to meet service timelines to ensure a successful transition of new business from sales to the Alerus account representative. Deliver a positive customer experience for the plan
sponsor and other external parties.
Job Function 1: Execution of New Client Onboarding - 50%
- Participate in implementation project management calls and support other aspects of the client installation process
as directed by Client Services Manager and other team members as appropriate.
- Complete the Alerus “Know Your Customer” client identification process to minimize fraud exposure and other business risks.
- Accurately document and
timely record all steps in the new business process.
- Prepare all required plan and participant documentation.
- Create all plan forms and load all documents, forms, disclosures and other notices to Plan Gateway.
- Work in conjunction
with team members to prepare materials for enrollment meetings in a timely manner to ensure materials are available to be distributed prior to the scheduled meeting dates.
- Input pertinent client and plan data into various internal
Job Function 2: Train New Clients on Alerus Systems – 50%
- Create and distribute system access and log-in instructions to external parties.
- Provide an informational overview of the
Alerus Retirement and Benefits (ARB) administrative website, Salesforce, to new clients, Advisors and Third Party Administrators (TPA’s).
- Train new clients on submitting contributions through Contribution Gateway using the entry or upload
- Coordinate with new clients and the contribution team to establish a contribution structure prior to the scheduled training time.
- Associate’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in defined contribution industry (recordkeeping or
- Experience supporting advisors, brokers, and third-party vendors preferred.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow of self as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions
- Demonstrated written/oral communication, presentation, and organization skills.
- Exhibited commitment to delivering a high-level of client service.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Established interpersonal skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, discretion, etc.
- Exhibits an analytical approach to solving complex challenges
while keeping both the client and the company’s needs in problem-solving.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, seeks creative solutions, and actively engages in all work responsibilities.
- Disciplined, strong attention to detail, and well
- Considerate, approachable and professional when collaborating with internal and external parties.
- Proactive in anticipating customer needs and adaptable to unforeseen changes typical of a fast-paced
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for
approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)