View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manager, Client Services
Strategic Retirement Partners
in Providence RI
Manager, Client Services, Northeast Region - Strategic Retirement Partners
Strategic Retirement Partners (SRP) is a nationwide independent retirement plan consulting firm that advises employers and plan fiduciaries in the understanding and
fulfilment of their responsibilities to the plan, participating employees, and beneficiaries. We currently consult on approximately 964 retirement plans representing more than approximately $16.3 billion dollars of retirement savings belonging to tens of
thousands of employees.
You are being hired into the dual role of a Relationship Manager, Operations and Manager, Client Services. The title for the position will be Manager, Client Services. As such, your role will be responsible for
both operational and plan consultant type activities. This position will be located in the SRP Northeast Regional Office in Providence, Rhode Island.
A Manager, Client Services is responsible for supporting the Managing Director
and Plan Sponsors with the administration and operation of the retirement plan, including plan governance and plan compliance. Your responsibilities will include:
- Setting priorities and managing workflow for clients, including working with and
educating plan committee members to assure that their fiduciary responsibilities are being addressed.
- Acting as a liaison between the service providers and the plan fiduciaries to solve the myriad of challenges that need to be addressed in the
day-to-day operation of a 401(k) plan.
- Presenting, to the committee, the results of benchmarking reports, which compare the existing fees, services, and investments to those offered by other provider (only on investments if licensed).
position may include responsibilities such as operations, participant education, benchmarking, plan design and plan consulting with committee members that address the goals of the plan and enhance the opportunity for employees to build successful
- Staying informed of industry information, new product information, and technology to continuously improve knowledge and remain current.
- Maintaining strong and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, retirement
vendors and other business contacts.
- Interacting with others effectively by utilizing excellent communication skills; cooperate positively and provide information and guidance as needed to contribute to the business efforts of SRP.
required and additional continuing education for license and professional designations.
- Working in a general office setting or from home from time-to-time.
- Reading, writing and communicating.
- Hearing and speaking to express ideas and/or exchange information in person or over the telephone.
- Sitting, standing,
moving about or walking for occasional or frequent periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Retrieving and storing
files and supplies.
- Occasionally pushing, pulling, carrying and/or lifting light objects of up to 15 pounds.
EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Well organized,
- Excellent technical skills (all Microsoft products and others as needed).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle numerous activities and keep on track with due dates.
- Ability to
work collaboratively across regions, operations and compliance; must be able to confidently navigate and maintain cooperative, effective relationships.
JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information and respond appropriately.
- Ability to present complex financial, investment, ERISA and retirement planning information to clients and plan participants in a manner
that is easily understood and can be applied to their own personal situation.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to make compelling formal retirement plan education presentations to groups. Excellent telephone and email etiquette.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables.
- Microsoft Office skills
- Strong customer service focus, results-driven, team player.
- Knowledge of retirement plan and individual retirement planning principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of retirement plan products, usage, and
- Ability to utilize computer systems and programs and understand functionality.
- Planning, prioritization and organizational skills. Ability to organize, multi‐task and work independently on several projects and meet deadlines. Skill
in defining problems, collecting data, and interpreting information. Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and thoroughly.
- Ability to be a critical and creative thinker, problem solve and make decisions under own
- Ability to produce accurate work with attention to details.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in work experience
- At least 2 years retirement plan experience
- Series 63/65 (to
- Director of Operations, Strategic Retirement Partners and Managing Director, Northeast Region
FLSA JOB CLASSIFICATION
complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume to Carin Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)