View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Tech Operations Manager
in Columbus OH
Job Description Summary
Are you fascinated by every aspect of the financial services business and committed to providing the most outstanding service in the industry? Has your education, skill and professional experience prepared
you to lead and contribute crucial work that delivers high quality service in collaboration with partners from multiple distribution channels? If you are passionate about putting your higher-level thinking to work in financial operations, we’d like
to know more about you!
As a Manager, you’ll lead the day-to-day of highly technical operations ensuring that an outstanding service experience is provided to our internal and external sales partners, firms, third-party administrators,
producers and customers. You’ll be responsible for adhering to and enforcing all financial controls, as well as legal and regulatory guidelines and regulations.
- Manages and provides oversight to team roles and responsibilities. Handles performance of customers satisfaction, interaction quality and relationships. Clear
focus on maintaining relationships. Establishes practices for quality, production standards, relationship management, delivering on customer requests and schedule to adhere to compliance guidelines.
- Participates in, sponsors and leads major
projects, supervises the activities and staff providing guidance to supporting departments on team - assists in identifying and establishing relationship management guidelines and operational improvements that enhance delivery of services to customers
aligned with industry and regulatory requirements.
- Drives a culture of coaching and feedback for personal and professional guidance. Develops talent in the organization and handles all performance management tasks and related functions for team.
Ensures associates are current and knowledgeable of the industry, competition and regulatory environment. Promotes industry training and involvement in related organizations.
- Responsible for the service relationships requiring a high level of
technical expertise. Helps build and strengthen relationships through presentations, intermediaries and/or direct contact. Partners closely with Sales partners to ensure overall satisfaction with Nationwide. Develops staff to find ways to deepen Nationwide
relationships and create additional sales opportunities for our Sales partners.
- Supervises activities to ensure clients are served timely and meets/exceeds quality standards. Responds to service issues and calls from sales partners, firms,
producers, and customers. Works closely with partners to ensure resolution. Works with various back office and internal departments to advocate for their relationships.
- Leads the implementation of all enacted state and federal regulations for
products and procedures; ensuring Operations is prepared and advised of audits/regulatory/legislative changes in a timely manner. Partners with appropriate teams or individuals for the coordination of responses to audits. Leads staff responsible for
drafting regulatory agency reports and findings and works closely with Compliance to resolve any issues.
- Drives improvement opportunities. Leads the staff that takes audit recommendations and calibration sessions through the continuous improvement
model. Identify key opportunities for processes and procedures to be enhanced and aligned to ensure consistency and adherence to regulatory requirements including improvements outside of their own teams that would benefit their relationships. Identify key
process and technology needs within the Operation Center.
- Manages expenses to the established budget and finds opportunities and implements solutions to streamline process and reduce operating expenses. Participates in annual budget process to
ensure adequate staffing and funding for providing outstanding levels of service.
- Leads staff, as requested, who are responsible for conduct producer screening and background investigation reviews to ensure producer candidates are of good
character; prepares case files to be reviewed by the Licensing & Appointment Review Committee and communicates with candidates who have been denied appointment with the Nationwide Life Companies and/or Nationwide affiliated Broker
- Leads associates, when requested, to build relationships with advisors, plan sponsors and third-party administrators. Works with plan sponsors, plan auditors and legal teams to ensure plans are being accurately administered and that all
elements of internal and external compliance requirements are met.
- Manages and provides oversight for underwriting staff as requested.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)