View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Sales Support Specialist
This position is responsible for providing support to the Sales Support Supervisor by providing proposal related documents for new business opportunities to Retirement Sales Consultants and the wholesale networks
(Wholesalers, Advisors, Brokers, and TPAs) they serve as well as back up support across all service lines at Alerus Retirement and Benefits (ARB). Also, responsible for assisting Relationship Teams with various client and plan related
Job Function 1: Sales Support – 75%
- Prepare proposals, lineups, investment program model returns, RFPs, and fee benchmarking reports to current
and prospective business.
- Develop a working knowledge of the CRM.
- Responsible for tracking all proposal requests and periodically generating proposal related reports upon vendor request.
- Perform client website and Envestnet demos to
current and prospective business.
- Complete illustration calculations for prospective clients.
- Assist Sales Support Supervisor with special client requests, sensitive client issues and departmental projects and communicate status updates on
a regular basis.
- Assist in maintaining current and building new business relationships by responding professionally and timely to inquiries from wholesale network contacts.
- Understand the importance of existing and new business
relationships with the various wholesale networks.
- Attend meetings via conference call or in person meetings regarding potential or existing clients as needed.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of the retirement
Job Function 2: Business Processes – 20%
- Testing and validating recordkeeping data on Envestnet system.
- Maintain and update Alerus standard SPARKS RFP response.
R&R procedures to complete Plan, Advisor, and Client, updates/changes.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to Relationship Team members.
- Provide back up support to Payroll and Health & Welfare Account Executives and Sales
Job Function 3: Teamwork and Productivity – 5%
- Provide backup to Sales Support Supervisor and Sales Consultants for client and wholesale network, telephone calls, emails, and other
- Assist Relationship Teams with related projects/requests.
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals. Treat all co-workers professionally and respectfully.
- Participate in
company and departmental meetings.
- Establish work objectives and priorities to perform work in a cost-effective manner. Make recommendations for ways to increase productivity and decrease staff overtime.
- Proactively suggest changes in
procedures, forms, and checklists to reduce account errors.
- Properly double check work of self and team members to minimize rework. Ensure work is reviewed by your supervisor as needed.
- 4+ years of experience in accounting or business field.
- Excellent written/oral communication, organization, and customer service skills required.
- High level of commitment to accuracy and detail,
strong analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Proven ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize and independently manage
multiple, concurrent tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak workloads and other business needs.
- Qualifications typically obtained through college
degree and specialized coursework in business administration.
- Relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, discretion, etc.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic
active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Effective listener, approachable and considerate.
- Demonstrated professional business skills and
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable
- Requires ability to sit for long periods of time using a key board, mouse and to view multiple screens.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is
spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Requires ability to use telephone for client contact and
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)