View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Newfront, formerly ABD Insurance and Financial Services
in Remote / San Mateo CA
At Newfront (formerly ABD) we’ve built something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on the core tenets
of Work, Love, and Play.
Work: Newfront is a team of risk and reward advisors who provide industry-leading services and resources in insurance, risk
management, human resource management, employee benefits, and retirement programs to our clients, so they can focus on building their success. At Newfront, your ideas and actions matter. You control your work, engage your intellect, and are
supported as you grow your expertise.
Love: We love what we do. We thrive on the opportunity to innovate and BE better. We are also committed to spreading our passions evenly so that every Newfront employee has a
fulfilling life in addition to a rewarding career. At Newfront, you are part of a team that is in this together!
Play: We enjoy our clients and colleagues. And we believe that balanced happiness leads to shared
success. We love a lasting laugh and try not to miss out on a good time – whether it’s a game, bowling, onsite barbeque, or a spontaneous celebration of our teammates. At Newfront, we share the fun of life and have fun at
SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for providing readily accessible employee benefits compliance resources and answers to service team members/clients and educating service team members/clients on current events
and legislative changes affecting employee benefits.
FROM THE TEAM: The Compliance Team works with the EB service team and directly with Newfront’s clients to translate a complex web of rules into straightforward guidance
and action items. We have a dedicated Slack channel to funnel all incoming service team questions. Plus we work directly with clients handling sophisticated ERISA and employee benefits issues, addressing new legislative and regulatory activity,
performing compliance audits, presenting deep dives on specific issues, and recommending best practices and strategies. With our library of alerts, FAQs, guides, webinars, one-pagers, charts, and tools you’ll be ready to tackle any
issue—and help create the new materials to take on the endless stream of new rules. Join the Compliance Team and we will enjoy tackling these challenges together!
- This position is a salaried,
full-time and exempt role.
- This position is remote and/or may work at any Newfront office.
- This position reports to the Lead Benefits Counsel.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Respond to client and internal service team
inquiries regarding compliance issues primarily through Slack, email, and phone
- Provide education and training to clients and internal staff to keep them informed
- Train new employee benefits service staff as part of onboarding on compliance
and tools available
- Work with Compliance Team and ensure feedback from Service Team to set annual goals, purpose and direction and determine how best to meet the compliance needs of the service team
- Develop, build and maintain resource
center of compliance materials based on client and service team inquiries
- Work with the Compliance Team to develop the service team expertise and comfort level with compliance
- Create resources and tools for service staff to drive
- Assist in the preparation of client presentations, webinars and trainings, FAQs, alerts, guides, charts, and other Compliance Team materials
- Interact with clients to assist with sales and service activity; assist with
prospecting, attending calls with service team to provide counsel and training for client’s HR staff and employees
- Research and keep current with an understanding of latest compliance changes
- Review client materials such as leave
policies, domestic partner policies, benefits termination letters, client plan documents etc. and suggest changes as needed.
- Review employee benefits template open enrollment materials for accuracy prior to release
- Assist in ongoing process to properly develop, catalog, communicate, and maintain current and best in class Compliance Team materials.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Efficient at multi-tasking and
flexibility to deal with ever-changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to successfully manage compliance projects for multiple clients.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Strong presentation and training
- Deep knowledge and application of ERISA, HIPAA, Section 125, ACA, COBRA, leave laws and city and state laws pertaining to employee benefits
- Strong research skills
- Strong understanding and depth of knowledge regarding various
funding arrangements (fully insured, self-insured, level funding, stop-loss, etc.)
- Proficiency in Slack and Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as the use of the Internet. Ability to learn and implement
other programs quickly and efficiently.
- Active participation as a Newfront team member, suggesting improvements in processes and procedures and ways to make the organization better.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Human Resource, Carrier, or Employee Benefits experience required with emphasis on legislation and compliance.
- 5 years of recent insurance industry experience or knowledge of
employee benefits laws and group products preferred.
- Must continue to meet continuing education requirements for state Department of Insurance license renewal.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- State Department of
Insurance accident and health license (to be certified within one year if not currently).
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) preferred (to be certified within one year if not currently).
moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, laptop equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
- Requires occasional (seasonally frequent) driving to and from company and client meetings, events, and/or
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Newfront is a team of risk and reward advisors providing industry-leading
services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits, and retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building success.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)