View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan Analyst II
Retirement Plan Solutions, Inc.
Manages an assigned book of business, typically 80-120 clients, comprised of moderate to complex plans with minimal direction. Serves as primary point of contact and establishes excellent client relationships to
achieve or exceed client satisfaction and company retention standards. Responsible for client services and compliance to meet all IRS and DOL testing and reporting requirements. Performs annual plan administration, including but not limited to plan census,
data verification, contribution calculations, required testing, account reconciliation, and tax form preparation. Works closely with internal and external stake holders to ensure timely completion and delivery of services. May train or assist less
TYPES OF PLANS MANAGED
- 401(k) Solo
- Non-ERISA 403(b)
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) SH
- Defined Benefit
- 457 Plans
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Data Verification and Contribution Calculations (30%)
- Compiles, reviews, and prepares annual census data and eligibility calculations.
- Reviews legal plan documents and all employee data
and determines participant eligibility.
- Performs all required IRS and DOL compliance testing, such as ADP/ACP and other applicable tests, to ensure clients are 100% compliant.
- Identifies and resolves plan discrepancies and errors to ensure
- Verifies data accuracy provided by other providers such as payroll services, record keepers, investment firms, etc.
- Processes client payroll submissions per client SLA.
- Reviews and processes Required Minimum
Reporting and Balance Sheet (30%)
- Balances and reconciles trust assets for audits and balance sheet preparations across various platforms.
- Compiles annual valuation of plans for
regulatory reporting purposes.
- Prepares signature ready Form 5500s and other government filings.
- Files required government forms on behalf of clients when assigned filing authority.
- Proactively manages all facets of plan administration for assigned book of business.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external
- Research problems and conducts follow-ups in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
- May attend, accompanied by management, client meetings and conference calls.
- With management approval, facilitates any requested plan
amendments or client changes as needed.
- Elevates and/or consults management with service, design or compliance issues as needed.
Other Duties (10%)
- Assists with peer reviews as assigned.
- Documents all
client interactions, activity and notes in database for historical tracking.
- Ensures virtual dashboard updated to show projects and tasks progress/status.
- Attends company/staff meetings and presents client-related updates as
- Responsible for protecting, securing and proper handling of confidential data per company procedures.
- Attends trainings and remains current with laws/regulations for retirement plan administration.
- May provide guidance
and training to less experienced analysts.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong client-focused aptitude with ability to anticipate client needs
- Strong critical thinking,
problem solving and analytical acuity
- Aptitude for extensive research and troubleshooting
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong prioritization and time management to meet time sensitive deadlines
written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude to work independently and remotely (as applicable)
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and discretion
- Computer skills including but not limited
to MS Office, CRM and/or web-based services software
- 4-7 years' progressive experience in retirement plan administration managing portfolio of moderate to complex clients.
- Demonstrated ability to
interpret documents, resolve problems and work with detailed technical knowledge of many types of retirement plans.
- Highly proficient in MS Office. Experience with retirement CRM software, preferably PensionPro.
- Prior experience in
fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience working with diverse personalities with integrity and patience.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or
- QKA certification required
- Additional ASPPA Certification(s) a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Sedentary/stationary position. Must be able to remain in stationary position for prolonged periods (up
to 90% of time) with occasional movement around office environment.
- Requires frequent use of computer for extended viewing of computer screen (at least 90% of time) and repetitive use of a keyboard and some phone activity.
lifting, moving, placing items of up to 10 lbs. at or above head level.
- Position may be located remotely such as home-based office.
- May require occasional travel by car to corporate office, client site, training or
- Communication skills: listening, verbal, written.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to the Director of Operations, Laura Reinke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)