View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Employee Benefits Attorney
in DC / FL / GA / MD / NC
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture
driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
- Provides producers, account managers and clients with timely and accurate analyses of
current legislative initiatives and regulations.
- Provides clients with well-researched recommendations leading clients to take appropriate actions to conform to changes in the legislative or regulatory environment.
- Interprets source
materials and provides guidance and advice to corporate staff as well as branch office staff.
- Assists producers and account managers in developing appropriate action steps to assure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Conducts internal
employee training on selected legislative and regulatory topics.
- Provides prototype information summaries, compliance checklists, model letters and other consulting tools needed to support consultants and account managers.
compliance help desk as necessary to answer questions regarding compliance issues.
- Provides assistance in drafting, editing and producing any newsletters and technical bulletins.
- Oversees organization, updates and maintenance of all survey
materials and makes them accessible to all employees.
- Evaluates potential new survey material and makes recommendations for changes to existing survey subscriptions
- Supports consultants to help clients understand changes to benefit
laws, implications to their benefit plans, and necessary steps to be in compliance.
- Conducts compliance reviews for clients; creates a compliance gap analysis that outlines compliance considerations and identifies suggestions for
becoming more compliant. Provides samples of documents when available, and works with internal teams to perform necessary follow up.
- Works with internal teams to address and resolve complex compliance issues for clients, including
resolution of Form 5500 filing errors, compliance with ACA reporting requirements, and mergers and acquisitions support.
- Responds to questions from clients of partnering organizations
- Facilitates client requests and
document management in the event of an audit of client's health and welfare plans.
- Works collaboratively with internal teams to develop tools and resources to facilitate compliance with health and welfare plan legal
- Subject matter expert for compliance projects, for both external and internal purposes.
- Identifies potential different service offerings for clients and works to develop potential solutions for the new
- Develops and maintains networking relationships with subject matter experts in employee benefits law.
- Responsible for understanding regulatory processes, tracking legislation relevant to employee benefit plans, and
attending educational conferences and events.
- Creates and delivers presentations through Gallagher and partnering organizations to educate the market on the legal aspects of health and welfare benefits plans.
- Assists consultants in
developing compliance presentations.
- Works with internal teams to create written compliance resources, including white papers, FAQs, and other resources for internal and external education.
- Educates and provides support to
internal team members and clients to identify and understand benefits compliance issues.
- Assists regional lead in developing practical solutions for clients to comply with federal and state regulations impacting health and welfare
- Supports Sales and Consulting team with business development calls and meetings as needed.
- Stays abreast of federal and state laws applying to health and welfare plans, such as ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, ACA, the Internal Revenue
Code, and state benefit mandates.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-7 years related professional experience
- Health and Welfare consultants
must have a knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, cafeteria plans, nondiscrimination rules, HIPAA and other federal, legal and regulatory issues.
- Juris Doctorate and current license to practice law
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background
investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires
U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and
Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision
plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital
status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship,
including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise
qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)