View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Retirement Plan Administrator
in Remote / Buffalo NY
We are seeking a 401(k) Administrator to join our team! You will be responsible for performing a variety of administrative duties to manage assigned caseload of Defined Contribution plans. The position provides customer service to company owners, plan
trustees, human resource and payroll personnel, brokers and investment advisors. All qualified experienced Administrators are welcome to apply for this remote position; however, we are based in Buffalo, NY and
would prefer a NY-based employee.
- The employee’s primary duty is to maintain an assigned case load of Defined Contribution plans including 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plans. The Employee will not be
dealing with clients or participants, and instead will be responsible for the year-end testing, calculations, and Tax Filings. This is a processing and testing only position.
- The employee is responsible for various aspects of plan
administration including reconciliation of assets, census data verification, preparation of periodic employer reports and participant statements, preparation of year end compliance testing and preparation of Form 5500 and related
- The 401(k) Administrator II position is responsible for independent calculation of various distributions and contributions and for independent preparation of periodic (non-year end) valuations and participant statements. The
position is responsible for submitting all year end valuations, including compliance testing and calculation of corrective measures, and government forms including Form 5500.
- Review and interpret plan legal documents. Prepare plan valuation
checklists. Input census data. Run eligibility transactions and verify date of hire, dates of participation, service years and vesting. Process new enrollment forms.
- Reconcile plan activity including gains/losses, contributions, distributions and
transfers. Prepare asset reconciliation spreadsheets as needed. Import financial downloads and input transactions as appropriate. Calculate employer and employee contributions..
- Ensure all plan activity is in compliance with applicable regulations
and guidelines. Preparation of year end compliance testing and government reporting. Prepare Coverage, Top Heavy, Anti-Discrimination (ADP and ACP) Tests as appropriate. Verify annual additions and deductibility limits. Prepare Form 5500 and related
schedules. Prepare of Form 1099R and 5330 as needed. Calculate refunds of excess contributions, excess deferrals and amounts over plan limits.
- Interface with other staff members and managers to ensure client satisfaction and quality servicing of
- 5 Years+ Previous experience in third party administration or retirement plans.
- QKA, QPA, or other designation preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plan
documents, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers,
clients, and brokers.
- Ability to communicate thoughts clearly via phone, written correspondence and in person.
- Ability to work with mathematical tasks such as account reconciliations.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions,
percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications including MS Word, Excel, email applications and Internet.
- Proficiency in industry pension software.
- Strong work
Compensation – Commensurate to experience
Benefits – Medical Insurance, 401(k) Plan, Dental, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, Dependent Care FSA, Legal Shield
How to Apply
To apply, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Because this will be a remote/telecommuting position if you meet the job's experience qualifications, you will be e-mailed a questionnaire along with sample
tests and census to put your skills to the test. Upon receipt of the questionnaire responses, you will then be contacted for an interview.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)