View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Plan Termination Administrator
FuturePlan is the nation’s largest third-party administrator (TPA) of retirement plans, partnering with advisors in all 50 states. FuturePlan delivers the best of both worlds: high-touch personalized service from local TPAs backed by the strength
and security of a large national firm, Ascensus. Our roots go back decades, with nearly 30 outstanding legacy firms now joined together to deliver unmatched levels of service, innovation and expertise to a fast-growing client base from coast to coast. The
FuturePlan team includes more than 500 credentialed plan professionals, 60 actuaries, and one of the industry’s largest in-house ERISA teams. Learn more at FuturePlan.com.
JOB FUNCTIONS, ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in
harm to Ascensus or our clients
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational
- Transition and take over responsibilities of assigned terminating plans from existing Consultant.
- Be the main contact for our clients, advisors, CPAs, outside TPAs and attorneys, along with internal staff
- Develop an
effective relationship with each client to ensure their satisfaction and to facilitate the timely and accurate delivery of our services.
- Identify and define any potential issues or problems with plan termination and develop an appropriate solution
to ensure plan compliance and client satisfaction.
- Consult on technical issues with potential research, as needed.
- Work with an assigned Specialist(s) to get Normal Recurring Services done within our service standards.
- Work with
assigned Specialist and/or Compliance Team subgroups (e.g., loan and withdrawals, plan documents, etc.) to get Other Services done by agreed upon due date with client.
- Coordinate plan termination with recordkeeper/custodian’s required
procedures and forms.
- Manage IRS and PBGC submissions by delivering participant notices, obtaining client signatures on required documents, coordinating mailings to the IRS, and other various project tasks in the workflow system.
client billing and assist with collection efforts. Monitor the Aging report and follow up when talking with the client and outstanding invoices.
- Manage Workflow to ensure all tasks are properly set up and completed timely to meet customer
expectations and service standards.
- Respond to all phone calls and emails within 24 hours.
- Request and follow-up on requests needed to complete our work in a timely fashion and minimize rush requests.
- Identify opportunity for
process improvement and innovation.
- Provide back up to other staff, as necessary.
- Other duties, as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum five years of experience in the
retirement plan industry with knowledge of Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit Plans, including Cash Balance.
- Excellent understanding of DC and DB plan administration including compliance testing, funding methods, actuarial valuations and
- Excellent written and oral communication with healthy interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in fast paced,
ever changing office environment
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Dependable with excellent follow through on commitments and responsibilities
- Works well both independently and in
a team environment
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Commitment to high quality service
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- B.A./B.S. preferred
- Working towards ASPPA designations preferred
At Ascensus, we
aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by
sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.®
As a leading independent recordkeeping services
partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other
protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Status”).
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)