“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Services Supervisor
in Remote / MN / ND
Supervise and develop staff to ensure new business, fund change, and support related processes are properly implemented. Establish and maintain relationships with assigned retirement plan clients in order to
achieve or exceed client service and retention standards. Participate in project meetings and build applicable processes/procedures for direct reports. Promote teamwork and a positive work environment.
Job Function 1: Leadership and Training Development – 85%
- Oversee individual and team workloads. Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Expect accountability and regular
- Demonstrate quality leadership characteristics, and set an example for team members.
- Participate in project meetings, help create new processes and procedures, and train accordingly.
- Interview, hire, and coordinate
training of new staff.
- Ensure availability to team members. Provide oversight and direction for day-to-day questions, issues, and concerns on a timely basis.
- Communicate performance expectations and monitor performance
- Understand and manage team scheduling needs.
Job Function 2: Client Service – 10%
- Manage client relationships (advisor/broker, TPA, wholesaler, plan sponsor, etc.), by working
to resolve complex service issues to ensure client satisfaction/retention.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external clients.
- Produce and review annual review data with
clients, advisors and wholesalers.
- Communicate with clients, advisors/brokers, and TPAs to proactively identify and manage expectations, needs, and concerns.
- Respond to all email and voicemail inquires with tactful, accurate, and timely
- Problem solve a variety of complex situations involving business and/or client needs.
- Assist salesforce in retention analysis. Recommend fee changes as necessary, including fee increases or decreases depending on client needs,
demands, and complexity.
- Research and resolve third party payments and questions (advisor, broker (B-50), TPA, wholesaler, etc.).
- Coordinate fund amendment process timeline. Work through fund availability issues and coordinate delivery of
supporting documents and enrollment packet materials, if applicable.
- Facilitate external fee changes (advisors, TPAs and wholesalers) by properly updating fee schedules, disclosures, and all applicable systems.
- Maintain an in-depth
understanding of how the recordkeeping systems operate (Omni, AddVantage, Global Revenue and Sponsor/Participant websites) and report information to effectively service plans.
- Coordinate New Business process as applicable.
Job Function 3: Teamwork and Productivity – 5%
- Provide backup to manager, sales consultants, and team members for plan sponsor, broker, TPA and other independent producer telephone calls, emails, and other
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals. Treat all co-workers professionally.
- Participate in company and departmental meetings.
- Establish work objectives and
priorities to perform work in a cost-effective manner. Make recommendations for ways to increase productivity and decrease staff overtime.
- Proactively suggest changes in procedures, forms, and checklists to reduce account errors.
double check work of self and team members to minimize rework. Work independently and take responsibility to seek further review by team lead, if necessary.
- 7+ years of experience in defined contribution industry or financial services company, preferably in recordkeeping or administration.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work
- Experience working with advisors/brokers and third-party vendors preferred.
- Strong written/oral communication and organization skills.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Available to work extra hours to cover
peak workloads and other business needs.
- Ability to prioritize with a high level of commitment to accuracy and detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and other related
- Relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, discretion.
- Professional business skills and demeanor.
- Effective listener.
- Adapts to a fast paced, changing environment.
- Self-motivated and a strong desire to take initiative.
- High attention to detail.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or
without a reasonable accommodation:
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing
physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women,
minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)