“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
The Cultural Institutions Retirement System
in New York NY
The Cultural Institutions Retirement System (“CIRS”) administers three multiemployer plans (a defined benefit pension plan, 401(k) savings plan and group life insurance plan) for approximately 200 daycare
centers and 50 cultural institutions (the largest being the American Museum of Natural History and the Wildlife Conservation Society) in the New York City area. Established in 1962, CIRS provides retirement benefits to over 23,000 members including more
than 8,000 active childcare and cultural institution workers, ensuring the financial future and wellbeing of its plan members. Please visit our website at www.CIRSplans.org.
Data Analyst performs in a multi-faceted role, anchored by accountability for various aspects in the administration of the CIRS Plans including maintaining data integrity and ensuring the compliance of participating employers and employees with plan rules
and regulatory guidelines. Key responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Performing quality control checks to monitor the reasonability of data supplied by employers and prepare questions as needed.
- Running CIRS’
established processes to monitor the integrity and reasonability of data using Excel, Access and other programs.
- Updating processes and programs, if necessary
- Reviewing database reports from our third-party administrators for consistency
among each other and with CIRS’ internal records.
- Perform analysis of CIRS’ employee contribution collection to identify potentially incorrect contribution amounts, missing contributions and late contributions and communicate findings
with employers to remedy issues.
- Conducting reviews of independent data provided by our employers to CIRS internal records to ensure accuracy of data and compliance with plan rules including follow-up interactions via phone and email to resolve
- Maintaining effective rapport and relationships with employers on behalf of CIRS to include liaising as needed with outside vendors.
- Assisting with CIRS’ annual data projects such as: actuarial valuation, employee
benefit statements and employer census verification.
- Reviewing employee benefit calculations.
- Assisting with updating relevant plan administrative forms, documents and literature as needed; and assisting with updating and maintaining
relevant plan material on the CIRS website.
- Preparing weekly reports for CIRS management that identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree
focused on analytical skill and mathematical, computer science, or data science knowledge development.
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in an office environment.
- Strong logical skillset.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and
proficiency in the use of other Microsoft Office applications.
- Organized self-starter who is achievement-oriented and takes responsibility for own actions and for achieving desired results.
- Team player and collaborator.
in continuous learning and personal/professional growth.
- Retirement plan experience is a plus.
How to Apply
We offer a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package. If you qualify and are interested, please send your resume and salary requirements in strict confidence to: Jobs@cirsplans.org.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)