“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan Transition Administrator
in Remote / MN / ND
The primary responsibilities of this position include coordinating and handling the setup of new plans and investing transfer assets. More specifically, this position ensures that timelines are outlined with
clients and communicated effectively, plans are setup accurately on all systems, special administrative needs are identified and outlined, and plans are successfully transitioned to the permanent servicing teams.
Job Function 1: New Business Plan Setup & Coordination – 80%
- Understand how the recordkeeping and ancillary systems operate and report information to effectively setup and
transition new plans.
- Coordinate asset transfer and blackout dates with the plan sponsor and prior record keeper.
- Accurately and timely setup plan and plan investments on the recordkeeping system.
- Work with prior record keeper to
obtain plan detail in order to import and reconcile conversion data accurately and timely.
- Review work to ensure plan conversation in accurately implemented. Keep supervisor informed of conversion related issues and/or
- Periodically reference plan documents to research plan setup questions.
- Ensure employer reports and participant statements are accurate and delivered timely after completion of the plan conversion.
- Recognize and
communicate special plan needs to plan administrator in order to successfully transition the plan.
Job Function 2: Client Service - 15%
- Support the coordination efforts of new business
implementation with the trust department, client services, and sales.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external clients.
- Conduct and/or participate in client meetings and
conference calls with prospects and new clients.
- Keep the Ops & Product Support Manager and Relationship Manager/Retirement Specialist informed of sensitive issues and proactively work to address client needs.
Function 3: Teamwork and Productivity - 5%
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals. Treat all co-workers professionally and respectfully.
- Participate in
company and departmental meetings.
- Establish work objectives and priorities to perform work in a cost-effective manner. Make recommendations for ways to increase productivity and decrease staff overtime.
- Proactively suggest changes in
procedures, forms, and checklists to reduce account errors.
- Properly double check work of self and team members to minimize rework. Ensure work is reviewed by your supervisor needed.
- 2+ years’ experience in basic defined contribution plan administration or converting new and existing accounts in the daily-defined contribution environment.
- Good written/oral communication,
organization and client service skills required.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Knowledge of pension regulations and defined contribution administration.
- Ability to work
independently and set priorities.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and OmniPlus (preferred).
- Available to work overtime to cover peak work loads and other business needs.
- Qualifications typically obtained through college degree and
specialized coursework in business administration and pension plan administration.
- High attention to detail.
- Process driven.
- Adapts to a fast paced, changing
- Self-motivated and a strong desire to take initiative.
- Approachable and considerate.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may
also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)