View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Investment Research Analyst
HANYS Benefit Services
in Rensselaer NY
HANYS Benefit Services (HBS), a retirement advisory firm, and a subsidiary of the Healthcare Association of New York State, is seeking a full-time Investment Research Analyst. This position is primarily responsible
for enhancing client retirement advisory services, with an emphasis on investment research, performance monitoring and communication of investment information internally and to clients through multiple channels.
- Collaborates with the Client Relationship Management (CRM) team, the Sales and Marketing group and Consulting and Advisory Services to provide requested investment and market research, investment monitoring/analysis and selecting
- Analyzes investment menus in defined contribution plans and makes recommendations to the Client Relationship Management (CRM) team, identifying and establishing objectives, and identifying appropriate mutual fund choices for
their plan sponsor clients.
- Presents investment performance to retirement plan sponsors at Annual and Quarterly Plan Reviews. Supports management’s investment decisions with data collection, research, evaluation, and
- Investigates, evaluates, and assists with the design and implementation of new investment reporting software
- Manages HBS’s internal process for investment performance reporting and acts as liaison with the software
- Supports the activities of the Sales and Marketing Group, the CRM Team and Consulting and Advisory Services, by providing diagnostic reviews and analysis of the mutual funds and various investment securities in light of stated goals and
- Supports the Sales and Marketing Group in preparation of proposals and participates in Retirement Advisory sales presentations.
- Provides investment consulting services for defined benefit plan clients.
- Oversees and is
responsible for the periodic preparation of internal and external investment and market reports, incorporating most recent data available.
- Authors white papers on investment topics and contributes to HBS’ intellectual
- Maintains an up-to-date working knowledge of the stable value investment market.
Our Ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is able to work well independently and within a team environment. If you
have the ability to confidently present information to small and large groups; author various written pieces such as market reviews and market commentary; routinely execute research activities (research, evaluate, recommend, monitor, etc.) and meet
the following qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
- BA or BS degree and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in investment-related field required. An equivalent combination of education and
experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
- FINRA Series 6 (or Series 7), 63 and 65 (3 months from date of hire to comply).
- NYS Life Accident & Health Insurance License (3 months from
date of hire to comply).
- Hold an investment industry certificate from a recognized accrediting organization (e.g. CPFA) (One year from hire date to comply).
- Excellent group presentation and oral/written communication skills are
- Ability to work in a team environment (traditional and virtual) is essential.
- Excellent customer contact and planning/organizational skills required.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to handle assigned tasks in
established time frames with maturity and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- 10% to 20% travel in upstate NY, Metro-NY, Long Island and New England required.
We offer the opportunity to
work for a Capital Region Top Employer* with competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
*As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)