View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Benefits Advisor
in Tulsa OK
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on
equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position
of Senior Benefits Advisor within our Health & Welfare department based in (Tulsa, Oklahoma).
The Senior Benefits Advisor will work side-by-side with
the Manager of Health and Welfare Plans to oversee the administration, strategic planning, compliance and communications for Oxy’s health and welfare plans. The ideal candidate has excellent problem-solving skills, a passion for customer service,
thrives in a fast-paced environment, is confident in managing competing priorities and enjoys fostering a collaborative, results focused environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Assist with overseeing the day-to-day
administration and operations of all health and welfare plans and programs to ensure that they are administered correctly and efficiently, and in compliance with the terms of the plan documents as well as applicable laws.
- Provide exceptional
customer service to all employees, retirees, covered dependents and other stake holders.
- Lead all benefits marketing and communication activities (open enrollment, benefits intranet site, summary plan descriptions, new hire onboarding, marketing,
employee communications, etc.) including developing materials, designing marketing or educational campaigns, editing and proof-reading materials prepared by others, working closely with outside communication vendors, collaborating with corporate
communications and IT to ensure that communications support and advance our strategic goals and culture.
- Manage third-party vendors to ensure they adhere to established processes, meet agreed upon service levels and promptly address any participant
issues that may arise.
- Assist with the annual health and welfare plan renewal activities and ongoing strategic analyses (e.g., plan design modeling, budget, and contribution and rate setting) to ensure that the company offers competitive and
comprehensive plans in support of Oxy’s strategic goals and culture.
- Oversee compliance with appropriate federal, state and local laws (ERISA, HIPAA, leave laws, etc.), review and distribute required benefit plan documents such as Summary of
Plan Descriptions, Summary of Material Modifications, and other statutory notices to ensure alignment with plan design and legal requirements.
- Assist with the completion of any plan operational audits including data collection and document requests
by auditors, third party administrators, and consultants.
- Assist with union negotiation support.
- Resolve escalated employee issues and claims while providing leadership and training to call center employees or other team
- Assist with or lead ad hoc projects including plan changes, merger and acquisition work, etc.
- Interface with vendors and internal departments including Legal, HR Business Partners, HRIS, IT, Payroll and Finance to accomplish tasks
in an accurate and timely manner.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum eight years of health and welfare benefits experience
- Project management experience with multifaceted projects
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience leading benefits communication efforts
- Knowledge of regulatory and legislative compliance related to health and welfare
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Customer service mindset
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated excellent organizational
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams and OneNote
- Experience with InDesign or other graphic design program, preferred
Relocation: Will not be offered at this
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)