“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Client Services Specialist
Hooker & Holcombe, Inc.
in Bloomfield CT
Hooker & Holcombe Inc. located in Bloomfield, CT is New England’s premier regional retirement consulting firm with 70 plus employees. The Retirement Services unit has an immediate need for a full-time Client Services Specialist who is a
College graduate with prior experience in the pension field.
The Client Services Specialist is responsible for managing the day-to-day administration of the defined contribution plans in the Retirement Services
unit. Specifically, this position will be the primary point of contact for HHRS clients, process daily plan transactions, assist in new client onboarding and conversions, monitor plan expense account, engage in client/participant research, prepare
annual government filing, annual plan disclosures, and special assigned projects.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of defined contribution plans
- Ownership of their client and knowing their
- Review daily transactions, including payroll, contributions, distributions, loans, installment payments.
- Responds to client inquiries for book of assigned retirement plan clients;
- Assists with new client
onboarding and plan conversions;
- Provide leadership and guidance for peers and new employees on HHRS Client Services responsibilities;
- Demonstrates superior accounting and reconciliation skills for balancing plan assets and plan
- Help facilitate census request, year-end testing, prepare and review 5500 filings
- Demonstrates knowledge of investments, recordkeeping and ERISA plan compliance;
- Assists with researching client and/or participant
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree required or equivalent work experience within the retirement plan industry
of / experience with Schwab SRT recordkeeping systems.
- Preferred experience with FT Williams and Pension pro
- Desire to take ownership of the position while working as a Team player
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of ERISA
regulations for defined contribution plans.
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong accounting, analytical and reconciliation skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, follow-through and attention to
- Effectively manages and prioritizes workflow and deadlines, with supervision.
- Works well independently and in a team environment.
- Work with minimal supervision
- Expresses ideas clearly in both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and demanding clients while maintaining a positive and professional attitude
- Willingness to learn and be coachable
- Good organizational and time management
- Analytical and critical-thinking skills.
Important: H&H does not sponsor job candidates for U.S. work authorization
How to Apply
For consideration please provide your total compensation requirements to RPildis@hhconsultants.com
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)