View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Director of Compliance
in Remote / Chicago IL
Position reports to: President
The Director of Compliance provides group health plan education to the UBA Partner Firms, which are comprised of 130 independent employee benefits advisory firms. The Director of Compliance will use research skills,
writing, and organizational skills to monitor legislative, regulatory and compliance developments to draft, maintain and present educational resources for the UBA firms and their clients.
- Create and deliver
educational presentations, including webinars and seminars, regarding legal and regulatory developments.
- Develop and conduct multi-day and interactive compliance training sessions.
- Review and deliver compliance guidance and educational
tools regarding applicable federal laws, including all aspects of Internal Revenue Code (the Code), ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, and other relevant employee benefits laws and regulations.
- Track employee benefits legislation and regulations to provide
analysis, and provide education training, thought leadership and training on pending legislative and regulatory changes that may impact the UBA firms and their clients.
- Respond to inquiries from Partner Firms with a goal to mitigate client risk and
assist in problem solving.
- Oversee an employer webinar series with outside counsel
- Serve as UBA staff liaison to the UBA Compliance Committee that determines and executes on compliance goals and initiatives for UBA annually.
all internal and external welfare benefit plan compliance-related content for UBA as well as vendor relationships that provide compliance alerts and compliance newsletter content.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements:
research, writing, presentation, communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize complex material into user-friendly end products
- Possess general business acumen with a consultative approach to legal and
- Ability to transform complex regulations and laws into language that is easier for a wider audience to comprehend.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to welfare benefit plans, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA and IRS
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Self-motivated, high energy, enthusiastic individual
- Excellent customer
- A team player who can build relationships with Partners and the corporate team to proactively create value for Partner Firms and their clients
- Proficiency with Microsoft products and systems.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with legal research, writing, and document review
- JD and licensed and in good standing
- Prior experience in employee benefits at carrier or broker agency firm a
As the largest community of Independent Employee Benefits Professionals in the country, United Benefit Advisors believes in providing excellent benefits to our UBA staff family, including:
- Excellent salary
package commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter reimbursement assistance
- Remote work privileges
UBA (United Benefit Advisors) is a community of 130+ Independent Employee Benefits Partner Firms in the US, Canada, and the UK. UBA Partner Firms are highly entrepreneurial, diverse in their market offerings and expertise, locally owned, and
believe in “Shared Wisdom.” By virtue of UBA’s structure, they are positioned to truly benefit their customers by gaining access to a wealth of advice and information from their peers via forums, conferences and other means of
collaboration, education and training. Although Partner Firms support one another’s businesses, they operate independently, free to select products and services that best meet the needs of their local, regional or national customers. They are focused
on differentiating themselves through superior customer service and customized benefits solutions for their clients.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to UBA@ubabenefits.com
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)