View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Employee Benefits Attorney
in FL / GA / MD / NC / SC / VA
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding
tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
As a member of our benefits and HR consulting team, you’ll help our
clients -- employers of all sizes, across all industries -- build workplaces that work better.
- Provides producers, account managers and clients with timely and accurate analyses of current legislative
initiatives and regulations.
- Provides clients with well-researched recommendations leading clients to take appropriate actions to conform to changes in the legislative or regulatory environment.
- Interprets source materials and provides
guidance and advice to corporate staff as well as branch office staff.
- Assists producers and account managers in developing appropriate action steps to assure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Conducts internal employee training on selected
legislative and regulatory topics.
- Provides prototype information summaries, compliance checklists, model letters and other consulting tools needed to support consultants and account managers.
- Support compliance help desk as necessary to
answer questions regarding compliance issues.
- Provides assistance in drafting, editing and producing any newsletters and technical bulletins.
- Oversees organization, updates and maintenance of all survey materials and makes them accessible
to all employees.
- Evaluates potential new survey material and makes recommendations for changes to existing survey subscriptions
- Supports consultants to help clients understand changes to benefit laws, implications to their benefit plans,
and necessary steps to be in compliance.
- Conducts compliance reviews for clients; creates a compliance gap analysis that outlines compliance considerations and identifies suggestions for becoming more compliant. Provides samples of documents when
available, and works with internal teams to perform necessary follow up.
- Works with internal teams to address and resolve complex compliance issues for clients, including resolution of Form 5500 filing errors, compliance with ACA reporting
requirements, and mergers and acquisitions support.
- Responds to questions from clients of partnering organizations
- Facilitates client requests and document management in the event of an audit of client's health and welfare
- Works collaboratively with internal teams to develop tools and resources to facilitate compliance with health and welfare plan legal obligations.
- Subject matter expert for compliance projects, for both external and internal
- Identifies potential different service offerings for clients and works to develop potential solutions for the new services.
- Develops and maintains networking relationships with subject matter experts in employee benefits
- Responsible for understanding regulatory processes, tracking legislation relevant to employee benefit plans, and attending educational conferences and events.
- Creates and delivers presentations through Gallagher and partnering
organizations to educate the market on the legal aspects of health and welfare benefits plans.
- Assists consultants in developing compliance presentations.
- Works with internal teams to create written compliance resources, including white
papers, FAQs, and other resources for internal and external education.
- Educates and provides support to internal team members and clients to identify and understand benefits compliance issues.
- Assists regional lead in developing practical
solutions for clients to comply with federal and state regulations impacting health and welfare plans.
- Supports Sales and Consulting team with business development calls and meetings as needed.
- Stays abreast of federal and state laws
applying to health and welfare plans, such as ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, ACA, the Internal Revenue Code, and state benefit mandates.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-7 years related professional experience
- Health and Welfare consultants must have a knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, cafeteria plans, nondiscrimination rules,
HIPAA and other federal, legal and regulatory issues.
- Juris Doctorate and current license to practice law preferred.
- Apply online to be considered
- 18 years of age or older
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Unrestricted work authorization to
work in the United States is required. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F,
J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Willing to
execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender,
gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment,
hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified persons with a disability, unless
the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)