View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Establish and maintain virtual business relationships with assigned Advisor-based retirement plan clients in order to achieve or exceed client service and retention standards.
Job Function 1: Client Service - 60%
- Manage assigned client relationships (advisor/broker, TPA, wholesaler, plan sponsor, etc.), by working to resolve service
issues to ensure client satisfaction/retention.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal team members and external clients and vendors.
- Produce and review annual plan data with
clients, advisors and wholesalers.
- Uncover service needs and business development opportunities using active listening and team selling skills.
- Serve as primary day-to-day contact with external advisors, plan sponsors through external
advisors and other external entities associated with external advisor based business.
- Proactively manage assigned client relationships to achieve or exceed client service satisfaction and retention standards as determined for the National
- Utilize industry and investment knowledge including IRS and DOL Regulations, ERISA Compliance and Plan Administration, understanding of financial markets, investment trading platforms and classes, and other
knowledge that facilitates client interactions and satisfaction.
- Assist in conducting retention fee analysis and contribute to fee changes considerations.
- Produce and review annual report with Advisor to ensure plan compliance and
meeting the plan goals and objectives.
- Assist in preparing and delivering non fiduciary and fiduciary level review for external advisors and plan sponsors.
- Oversee and facilitate the research and resolution of third party payments and
questions (advisor, broker, TPA, wholesaler, etc.).
- Oversee and facilitate fund amendment process timeline, including fund availability issues and coordinate delivery of supporting documents and enrollment packet materials, if
- Oversee and facilitate external fee changes (advisors, TPAs and wholesalers) and assure proper updating of fee schedules, disclosures, and all applicable systems.
2: Training – 20%
- Actively engage in the success of Alerus by promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives with positive active team involvement.
- Employ and
share knowledge regarding fiduciary responsibilities and best practices to external advisors, plan sponsors and investment committees.
- Develop select subject matter expertise to share with Alerus employees.
3: Teamwork and Productivity – 20%
- Provide backup to team members and Sales Consultants for plan sponsor, advisor, TPA and other independent producer.
- Maintain positive
relationships with internal team members and external clients and vendors while providing a high level of service.
- Manage service team communication and workflow; maintain excellent and timely communication among all involved
- Resolve workflow issues on team and address issues that cross department lines, using judgment with respect to manager/management involvement and consideration of high level business impact and application.
- Provide solutions to
plan needs by working with administration and underwriting on outstanding issues and/or new features available due to recent legislation or product enhancements.
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience preferably in defined contribution industry or financial services company in recordkeeping or administration.
degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with advisors/brokers and third-party vendors preferred.
- Ability to organize conference calls and host virtual meetings.
- Strong written/oral communication and
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Available to work extra hours to cover peak workloads and other business needs.
- Ability to prioritize with a high level of commitment to accuracy and detail.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and other related systems.
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment,
decision making and discretion.
- Demonstrated critical thinking abilities.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Established communication and organizational skills.
professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations.
- Disciplined, strong attention to detail, and well organized.
- Considerate, approachable and professional when
collaborating with internal and external parties.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Sitting extended periods of time at a desk.
- While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to key, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to use a personal computer.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- Must be able to access the community
- Periodically, large paper files need to be moved.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)