View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan / ERISA Paralegal Specialist
in Telecommute / Columbus OH
If you're passionate about being part of a diverse organization that enables a Fortune 100 company to deliver innovative business solutions with excellence, then Nationwide's Legal team could be the place for you!
- Ability to
research complex employee benefits issues, including 457(b), 401(a), HRA, 403(b), and ERISA issues.
- High learning agility
- Positive, proactive, strategic, solution-oriented, and creative, with strong communications
- Quickly builds strong relationships
- Preferably experience providing support to attorneys in the employee benefits space
- Researching retirement and certain welfare benefit issues
- Providing initial review of RFPs, RFIs,
Finalist Presentations, and custom ASAs, including tracking of response status
- Provide paralegal support to other areas of RP Legal, as needed
Job Description Summary
Would you thrive in an environment where you
can deliver top-quality legal services to support the goals and objectives of a Fortune 100 insurance and financial services company? If you possess the communication skills, analytical ability and paralegal skills needed to provide outstanding service,
advice and counsel, we want to hear from you!
As a Paralegal Specialist, you'll provide the highest level of legal assistance, project management and general support to the legal staff in the development, research, management and resolution
of legal issues. We'll count on you to draft complex legal documents, agreements and pleadings related to a wide variety of matters, including litigation, for certain legal practice areas. You may have opportunities to work independently on some
matters, with latitude for making decisions and taking action.
- Provides support to attorneys in the form of legal research, drafting communications and preparing legal documents with minimal
- Conducts sophisticated and detailed legal research and compiles data from such references as online sources, digests and practice manuals, among others. Researches and provides analysis of statutes, regulations and court decisions.
Prepares summaries and recommends resolutions to legal questions. Prepares correspondence to internal and external contacts.
- Drafts contracts, patent applications, resolutions and other legal documents. Drafts detailed deposition
outlines/questions, motions, pleadings, subpoenas, orders and briefs. Works with attorney on unusual or complex matters.
- Conducts and supervises broad-level assignments. Evaluates matters which may have a significant impact. May assist the attorney
in executing legal matters.
- For litigation specialty areas, leads the analysis and evaluation of records and data for discovery. Drafts recommendations and correspondence to clients, claims attorneys, and customers with regard to discovery and
- May develop and maintains information databases. Builds new processes for data maintenance, storage and retrieval.
- May conduct and evaluate open and closed paralegal file audits, advising attorneys and management of the
audit results and recommending improvements.
- Demonstrates expertise in paralegal concepts and procedures. Maintains proficiency in both business and legal professional competencies.
- Assists in developing and implementing policies,
procedures and precedents for the paralegal area.
- Coordinates workflow and mentors and trains less experienced paralegals.
- Responds to requests for production of documents, responses to interrogatories and/or regulatory requests and
inquiries, and coordinates pre-trial proceedings and discovery, depending on area of specialty.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate or post-graduate studies in
business administration, insurance or other related area preferred.
License / Certification / Designation: Certification in paralegal studies preferred.
Experience: Typically, eight or more years of experience
as a paralegal with demonstrated good performance.
Credit / Background Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities of this job, a valid credit and/or background which will be required as part of the selection
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)