View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Director, Health Savings Operations (Financial Controls)
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state
partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.
As a leading independent
recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what
***This position can be remote in any US market***
The Director is a key leadership role with broad responsibility for directing all activities within the Accounting, Reconciliation & Banking functions
across our Health business lines. This role leads a team of 8-10 associates. This role requires a skilled and reliable leader that oversees all financial transactions, including participant contributions/distributions, claim payments, client
reimbursements and fee payments (billing, collections, and cash applications) for our benefit continuation and savings and spending product lines (FSA, HSA, etc.). Establish financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting,
analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information. Oversee and provide direction to the team on all aspects of the daily cash reconciliation function. Assist Senior Leadership with strategic decisions related to platform and process
integration for all Health business acquisitions. Develop department staffing and budget plan.
- Serve as the business owner for technology, to support the Financial Control functions, identifying
areas for improvement and advocating for enhancements that improve the team’s efficiency and performance.
- Lead the team in identifying control risks and drive quality improvement initiatives that span all accounting operations
- Ensure all financial reporting including balance sheets, profit and loss and budget variance analysis are completed and distributed accurately and on time according to deadlines.
- Lead the team in bank account monitoring and
reconciliation along with weekly cash flow analysis; Manage day-to-day banking relationship with all cash management partners.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of Financial Control departments across all Health entities.
recommendations to improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Determine resolution for all escalated items and work with team to execute on decisions
- Collaborate with and manage external partners and
- Develop/maintain professional relationships with internal teams, key business partners, and vendors to help support our teams and our clients.
- Serve as a primary contact with Service and Operations for the resolution of client
- Establish and maintain calendar of deliverables and develop reporting metrics that support optimal resource utilization. Identify and implement appropriate controls for all processes.
- Develop, maintain, and deliver
regular management reports and metrics surrounding accuracy and turnaround times for operational functions. Handle various non-routine functions, including ad-hoc analysis and highly visible projects for the Executive leadership team requiring strong
communication and presentation skills.
- Responsible for ensuring that team is meeting and exceeding expectations with regard to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed, and protocol
- Focus on the Associate Experience and drive the organization’s noble purpose, business strategy, and core values to each associate on your team as measured by associate engagement survey scores and business results
with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information
that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our
- Lead a team of 8-10 associates including an existing Team Lead and offshore resources.
- Management of staff in multiple remote locations.
- Contribute as a
senior leader to health strategy decisions (technology, processes, best practices, etc.).
- Ensure all associates have appropriate goals and development/training plans in place; manage and mentor the team; be a conduit for development resources and
- Conduct regular team meetings and one-on-one meetings with team members
- Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Proactively implement strategies to improve associate satisfaction and deliver
- Establish and manage team deliverables, ensuring that service level objectives are consistently met or exceeded.
- Provide guidance to staff daily for escalated issues.
- Develop leadership and staff expertise, ability, and
experience for career pathing within Ascensus.
- 15+ years of operations experience in financial services industry with focus on leading the reconciliation and control function (in the Health industry
(HSA, FSA, etc.) is preferable; 7+ years people-leader management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to take and initiative and follow through.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Ascensus systems and processes preferred.
to work within tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability for analytical thinking and strong aptitude for problem solving.
- Strong knowledge of existing Health admin systems (Wex, DataPath, Allegeus).
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Professional demeanor and experience with client relationships and internal collaboration efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead with strong management skills.
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles,
practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of applicable reconciliation platforms
- Expert MS Excel user.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field.
- Superior attention to detail,
with the ability work well within given timeframes and standards.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and
college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day
knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status,
military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Status”).
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)