View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan Optimization Specialist
in Florham Park NJ
ADP Is hiring a Retirement Plan Optimization Specialist: This Consulting Specialist position will reside in APDRS Compliance reporting to the Retirement Plan Optimization Consultant. The primary function of the Specialist is to
consult directly with New Business and Sales Support Associates, along with Salespeople, Financial Advisors and Clients to determine if this cross tested plan feature (specifically a New Comparability allocation formula) within their qualified retirement
plan would be an effective way to maximize the benefits of the owners and higher paid employees of their prospective or existing clients.
The candidate for this position will be responsible for assessing prospective (and existing) client census
populations to complete allocation illustrations (previews of what employer contributions may look like after their year-ends), and also doing other types of employer allocations when necessary to illustrate how overall costs of the plan can be minimized,
while having a greater percentage of the plan's contributions be allocated to a targeted group of employees.
Another critical function of this position is to complete the annual nondiscrimination testing associated with these plans, and the
additional cross testing required for these type of employer allocations. Also, on a mid-year basis, revisit the census population and allocation formulas to ensure that the clients are maximizing their benefits and minimizing costs, and performing ongoing
plan design consultation as needed.
Unlock Your Career Potential: Customer Service at ADP. It's all about enabling our customers to be more effective employers. Our Customer Service team makes it happen by collaborating with
customers and other ADP colleagues to ensure our products and services deliver winning results. Did you know that the vast majority of our customers are not only satisfied, they'd recommend ADP to someone else? You will be the one providing the
on-the-spot support that makes our integrated solutions stand out in today's increasingly competitive global marketplace.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is
Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, and Social Responsibility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Sales Support & Client Facing
- Consult with ADP Salespeople, Financial Advisors, New Business and Sales Support Associates on qualified plan design featuring New Comparability employer allocations.
- Communicate with, consult and advise prospective
and existing clients about their census populations, and other facts about their organizations (rate groups, ages of employees, owners etc.) to help craft or revise a plan design that meetings their needs. Specifically, maximizing contributions to select
Highly Compensated Employee (HCE's), Owners or other groupings, and minimizing the total funding cost to the employer. This includes but not limited to phone conversations, written communications, possible on-site meetings, and using clients'
census population data to do allocation illustrations.
- Complete Necessary Reporting and Testing tasks...
- Liaison directly within Compliance, Clients, Sales and New Business Associates to gather needed plan level census
information to perform employer contribution illustrations and year-end allocations and testing.
- Coordinate all functionality of this product/feature with eventual responsibility to complete year end allocation and testing activities. Performing
actual allocations and required testing at year end, and ensuring the funding of the contributions.
- For existing plans with this feature, on a periodic basis, gather, review and analyze payroll information and census population for changes to alert
clients of the impact of those changes to give them a preview of what the upcoming year-end allocation calculations may look like, and potential changes in their funding requirements (or lessen their ability to maximize their
- Maintain Cross Tested New Comparability Program
- Maintain end-to-end processes, continual updating of procedures and communication materials for pre-sale to on-boarding the plans (to conducting all required
mid year and year-end operations).
- Adhere to Service Level Agreements (SLA's) for the various tasks to be completed (i.e. turn-around times for illustrations, callback standards etc.).
- Assist in gathering statuses and metric reporting
for Compliance Mgmt, Sr. Leadership, New Business and various Sales Organizations.
- Be Subject Matter Expert and fully integrate the needed software system called Actuarial Systems Corporation (ASC) (and other applications as designated) to set up
the plans for this feature, both for illustrative work and well as the actual year-end allocations and more complicated annual testing. Specifically, as required based on provisions (ADP (401)k, ACP 401(m), Coverage Testing under 410(b), cross testing
under 401(a)4, Top Heavy (416) and contribution limit testing under 402(g) and 415.
- Review and revise end-to-end processes, procedures and communications as needed due to law changes, changes in product or marketing emphasis, and changes in
- Bachelors Degree; Major Area of Concentration : Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Actuarial Science
- Over 5 years , up to 8 year experience in qualified
retirement plans industry required. ERISA Consulting and Compliance activity experience required, specifically with plans with New Comparability and/or age-weighted features. Client Facing experience and prior experience with interacting with Sales
Associates also required.
- Some Master level coursework preferred
- ASPPA certification preferred
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)