View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan Benefits Administrator
Compass Retirement Consulting Group
in Telecommute / Stratham NH / MA / ME
Position can be Full-time or Part-time
Compass Retirement Consulting Group and Compass 360 are third party administration firms that provide employers with retirement plan design, administration, actuarial
services, and ongoing plan consulting. Compass 360 is the Fiduciary arm of the group. We create and nurture a partnership with our clients to understand their needs and create retirement programs that integrate with the financial and human
resources goals. We have offices in Stratham, NH and offer a flexible work schedule, casual work environment and competitive benefits package.
As a Retirement Plan Benefits Administrator, you will be responsible for working with an
assigned book of business to perform annual plan testing, valuations, calculations, and the completion and filing of required IRS and other forms. This will require that you work directly with our clients, auditors (DOL/IRS and other) to ensure that
information is accurate, and all deadlines are met.
- Review plan documents and service agreements for new clients and upload required information into Datair software.
directly with clients to ensure annual census and other required plan information is received.
- Download necessary information on plan assets for assigned clients from vendor websites.
- Perform annual testing (ADP/ACP,
402(g), Top Heavy determination, 410(b), etc.) accurately and timely.
- Prepare and complete annual valuations.
- Correct plan errors and late deferrals as needed.
- Communicate failed test results to client in a clear and
concise manner to ensure client understands results.
- Complete excess forms for client and follow-up with client and vendors as necessary to ensure the corrections were made.
- Calculate employer contributions and true-up
contributions accurately and timely.
- Perform other required projections, tests, and calculations as needed.
- Complete and file required government forms (Form 5500, 5330, 5558, etc.) as needed accurately and timely as
- Upload vesting information to vendor websites and ensure data is accurate.
- Create plan termination package and follow-up through required steps including testing, distributions, and filing find Form 5500 as
- Identify 70.5 and force out distributions for balances under $5,000.
- Work directly with large plan auditors and/or DOL/IRS auditors as requested.
- Other tasks as
Attributes & Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance, or related field with 3-5 years of related experience in retirement plan management, customer service, and financial
- working knowledge of the various types of retirement plans and the IRS and DOL regulations pertaining to them
- proven customer service and relationship management skills to build relationships with assigned client base for the
- strong verbal and written communications skills using clear and grammatically correct language
- the ability to problem solve, be pro-active, and demonstrate initiative
- robust time management and organizational
skills with the ability to multi-task required
- comprehensive knowledge and understanding of retirement plans and payroll processing platforms
- ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines
- experience using Datair, Pension Pro, Excel, and other retirement plan verification and calculation software platforms required.
We offer a generous benefits package including
Medical, Dental, Vision, and voluntary group benefits including STD, LTD, Life, and others.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)