Loren D. Stark Company (LDSCO) is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Enrolled Actuary to manage a caseload of defined benefit plans with
exceptional negotiation, research and communication skills.
The Enrolled Actuary serves as the primary Actuary for a caseload of retirement plans working with LDSCO’s departments and external plan advisors to satisfy the needs of our
plan sponsors with the primary goal of building lasting, value driven, client relationships by providing an exceptional customer service experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a privately owned
Third Party Administrator (TPA) working hands-on with ERISA and TAX issues with a team-orientated culture and play an important role in managing client relationships while also handling basic administrative tasks and routine projects.
role is a remote position, which means that the candidate would not be working in an office environment and will have the ability to work from home or other off-site location.
Our ideal candidate will be well experienced with a “get it
done” attitude, technically astute but not trying to find every penny, business savvy with an understanding we’re here to help our clients.
If you are interested in a stable family oriented company with a desirable work-life
balance and a permanent employer, look no further.
Essential Functions and Duties:
The purpose of this position is manage a caseload of defined benefit plans including qualified, non-qualified and post retirement welfare
plans. The Enrolled Actuary will supervise a small group of professionals and work on various projects as assigned.
- Running both traditional and cash balance defined benefit plan designs projections, based on client needs and
- Preparing actuarial valuations, including minimum recommended and maximum funding requirements,
- Performing annual IRS non-discrimination testing, including cross-testing with defined contribution plans,
- Review and approve actuarial valuation of defined benefit and cash balance plans,
- Review and sign IRS Form 5500 Schedule SB actuarial report for all such plans,
- Sign IRS Form 5330 (if any),
- Approve initial design and
annually review design of defined benefit plans, including suggesting amendments to plans as needed,
- Review Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) reports for plans requiring such reports,
- Certify annual Pension Benefit Guaranty
Corporation (PBGC) premium payment and plan termination findings,
- Review and approve distributions from defined benefit plans,
- Represent plans in IRS audits,
- Research issues regarding pension law and maintain current knowledge of
changes in such law,
- Reviewing plan documents,
- Preparing all required IRS and PBGC filings, including those needed at plan termination,
- Reviewing employee data to ensure accurate information received within prescribed
- Reviewing employee census to determine plan eligibility requirements and benefit accruals,
- Calculating benefits and providing forms for participant benefit distributions, including lump sums,
- Reviewing plan assets and
- Communicating and following up on specific client instructions to ensure plan compliance,
- Comprehensive understanding of control groups, affiliate service groups,
- Must be comfortable in a public speaking
environment and demonstrate ability to convey complex information in a simple and organized format to a wide variety of audiences,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy,
priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate production of tools and materials,
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with internal clients, external clients and team members,
- Interact with others
effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company,
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibilities and
requirements of the job,
- Some travel may be required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, business, finance, accounting, economics or related field,
- Completion of
- At least 10 years of experience in the industry, specifically with defined benefit and cash balance plans, including non-discrimination testing,
- The ability to supervise a team of professionals and while managing many
clients and deadlines,
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients, participants and consultants,
- Experience with defined contribution plans is preferred,
- Experience with Excel, ASC and FT Williams software is
- Ability to negotiate, research, and communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
LDSCO offers a challenging and rewarding work environment supported by a total compensation program that
- Competitive Base Salary, plus annual bonus,
- Full Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Cafeteria Plans),
- Paid Leave (Vacation, Personal Day, Holidays and Fun Day Friday Program),
- Retirement Plan
401K and Safe Harbor Contribution,
- Personal and Professional Development,
- Rewards and Recognition Program,
- Entrepreneurial Culture,
- Strong Team Environment with Social and Team Building Activities.
LDSCO is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.