View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Relationship Manager & Retirement Plan Administrator
Compass Retirement Consulting Group, Inc. / Compass 360, LLC
in Telecommute / Stratham NH / MA
Compass Retirement Consulting Group and Compass 360 are third-party administration firms that provide employers with retirement plan design, administration, actuarial services, and ongoing plan consulting. Compass
360 is the Fiduciary arm of the group. We create and nurture a partnership with our clients in order to understand their needs to create a retirement program that integrates with the financial and human resources goals. Located in Stratham, NH,
we offer a flexible work schedule, casual work environment, and competitive benefits package.
As a Relationship Manager & Benefits Administrator, you will be fully responsible for working with the client
to perform annual plan reviews, plan correction calculations, and the completion and filing of required forms. This will require that you work directly with our clients, auditors (DOL/IRS and other) to ensure that information is accurate, and all
deadlines are met.
- Review plan documents and service agreements for new clients and upload required information into Datair software.
- Communicate directly with clients to ensure annual
census and other required plan information is received.
- Download necessary information on plan assets for assigned clients from vendor websites.
- Provide data to administration team so they can perform annual testing
(ADP/ACP, 402(g), Top Heavy determination, 410(b), etc.) accurately and timely.
- Prepare and complete annual valuations.
- Correct plan errors and late deferrals as needed.
- Communicate failed test results to client in a
clear and concise manner to ensure client understands results. Complete excess forms for client and follow-up with client and vendors as necessary to ensure the corrections were made.
- Calculate employer contributions and true-up
contributions accurately and timely.
- Ensure required projections, tests, and calculations as needed.
- Complete and file required government forms (Form 5500, 5330, 5558, etc.) as needed accurately and timely as
- Upload vesting information to vendor websites and ensure data is accurate.
- Create plan termination package and follow-up through required steps including testing, distributions, and filing find Form 5500 as
- Identify 70.5 and force out distributions for balances under $5,000.
- Prepare proposals for existing clients as requested by the Compass 360 Manager.
- Work directly with large plan auditors and/or DOL/IRS
auditors as requested.
- Other tasks as requested.
Attributes & Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance, or related field with at least 7 years of related experience in
retirement plan management, customer service, and financial services
- Those with NIPA, ASPAA, or ERPA designations are encouraged to apply.
- working knowledge of the various types of retirement plans and the IRS and DOL
regulations pertaining to them
- proven customer service and relationship management skills to build relationships with assigned client base for the long-term
- strong verbal and written communications skills using clear and grammatically
- the ability to problem solve, be pro-active, and demonstrate initiative
- robust time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task required
- comprehensive knowledge and understanding
of retirement plans and payroll processing platforms
- ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- superb attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines
- experience using Datair, Pension
Pro, Excel, and other retirement plan verification and calculation software platforms required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)