View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Principal Legal Content Specialist - Benefits
Bloomberg Industry Group
in Telecommute / Arlington VA
Bloomberg Industry Group seeks a highly motivated, strong communicator to join a team of attorneys specializing in employee benefits and executive compensation in a fast-paced work environment. This person will
analyze legal issues and trends to provide essential advice to Bloomberg Law users. Bloomberg Law combines technology with editorial talent to provide superior research tools.
The Principal Legal Content Specialist is responsible for writing and
editing content for Bloomberg Law's publications on the tax, ERISA, and other issues concerning employee benefits and executive compensation. Track and analyze legislative, regulatory, and litigation matters. The Principal Legal Content Specialist is
also responsible for recommending, designing, and running projects to provide legal analysis for assigned content collections, including identifying trends, emerging issues and complex problems to inform and augment reference or analytical content on
Bloomberg Law. An individual in this position must be able to synthesize extremely complex areas of law and develop tools and content in those areas to serve practicing attorneys. The individual in this position also serves as a subject matter mentor to
more junior colleagues.
Telecommuting available temporarily; post-pandemic, this position will be in-office.
- Works with Practice Leads or Team Leads to form and lead highly efficient
project-based teams to develop content and tools to support the needs of Bloomberg Law clients.
- Analyzes complex legal developments and creates or updates materials; develops or aids in the development of tools, reference materials, analytical
articles or other content.
- Edits content submitted by outside authors and serves as a developmental editor for the expansion and utility of that content to serve Bloomberg Law users.
- Imbues content with high level and detailed analysis,
including thought leadership materials.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to management with respect to the development of new content, tools or coverage.
- Serves as a subject matter mentor to more junior level colleagues.
internal trainings on areas of expertise.
- Communicates how Bloomberg Law content serves the needs of customers with regard to assigned subject area to customer-facing teams including sales force and marketing department
- Participates as a speaker or moderator at industry events or on webinars or podcasts on areas of expertise.
- Demonstrates advanced and specialized knowledge of current
federal, state, or international law on assigned subject area(s).
- Demonstrates advanced abilities in legal research, analysis, and writing in federal and state regulatory, legislative, and judicial processes in connection with one or more
substantive areas of law.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly synthesize extremely complex areas of law and develop tools and content in those areas.
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively with colleagues, practitioner authors, sources,
- Demonstrates excellent writing, editing, and researching skills.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree required; certification or LL.M. in substantive specialty
- Minimum of 5 years of experience practicing law in the area of benefits or some combination of legal writing and/or legal practice.
- Background in employee benefits tax, ERISA, and the Affordable Care Act preferred.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)