View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Advisory Services Manager
in Telecommute / Arden Hills MN / Fargo ND / Grand Forks ND
This position oversees and manages assigned team of ARB full service &/or advisor-based retirement specialist staff. Shares responsibility for retention and growth of the existing client base through
individual efforts and efforts of the account management team. Fosters a cohesive service team by directing workflow, supporting strong communication and displaying good judgment and leadership to ensure the proper administration of all accounts.
Establishes and maintains relationships with assigned retirement plan clients in order to achieve or exceed client service and retention standards. Assists the sales team in an effort to meet sales
Job Function 1: Management and Leadership - 50%
- Participate in recruitment, development and retention of retirement
- Coach, mentor and motivate staff to evaluate and take actions that follow established practice standards leading to a consistent service model.
- Assure progress is made toward achieving all major goals and objectives within
timelines established by working with staff in executing the plans.
- Actively engage in the success of ARB and Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives with positive active team involvement resulting in a successful
- Enthusiastically embrace and model change amongst peers as a proven leader.
- Actively lead and/or participate in projects to improve the products and services offered by ARB, including project groups tasked with developing enhanced
procedures or policies.
- Offer suggestions and ideas to management and actively engage in or manage their development as assigned by management.
- Maintain active reporting process to all interested parties on all projects where assigned a
- Proactively employ/share technical knowledge of and experience with ERISA and retirement plan administration with clients, direct reports and other colleagues.
- Be an experienced source of information and
Job Function 2: Client Retention - 25%
- Proactively manage client relationships (advisor, broker, TPA plan sponsor etc.) to achieve or exceed client service
satisfaction and ARB retention standards.
- Define and implement proactive client service plan based on client tier to set/manage client plan objectives for assigned full service direct business.
- Engage client service team members for larger
clients to complete education and investment commitments for full service direct business.
- Proactively manage client service plan activity through use of Client Gateway.
- Identify and establish strong working relationship with client key
- Maintain ongoing communication with client to understand their goals/objectives and identify service concerns.
- Proactively and consistently present ARB value proposition.
- Actively assess client
satisfaction to identify at-risk clients and work with Account Manager to address issues.
- Introduce clients to other ARB and bank services as appropriate to underscore the ARB full service value proposition.
3: Teamwork and Communication - 25%
- Maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers while providing quality service.
- Take responsibility for service team communication
and workflow; maintain excellent and timely communication among all involved parties.
- Resolve workflow issues on team and address issues that cross department lines, using judgment with respect to manager/management involvement and consideration of
high level business impact and application.
- Provide solutions to plan needs by working with administration and underwriting on outstanding issues and/or new features available due to recent legislation or product
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting, business administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven leadership,
management and direct supervisory skills.
- High level written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ten or more years of related experience in retirement plan recordkeeping/administration with knowledge of IRS and Department of
- Broad experience with client services, plan administration, trust services and participant record keeping, including experience interfacing with trustees, clients, and plan participants.
- Advanced professional
designation(s) related to the qualified plan industry required.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, use of laptop computer, projector, trio, and other office equipment.
- Developed relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, and discretion.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet
deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve
complex situations and apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
- Proven ability to work with detailed technical knowledge of all types of retirement plans.
Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8
hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities
required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 50 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Requires the routine & safe
operation of a motor vehicle to travel between multiple locations to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires ability to travel based on locations of assigned client base.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)